New Cardassian

Show us your fanfic, original stories, poems, etc

What kind of vessel should Gul Almar Daheel command?

Galor class destroyer
No votes
Keldon class heavy cruiser
25%
Nor class space station
75%

Total votes: 4
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: New Cardassian

Post by Coalition »

Given his preference for not backstabbing, others would tend to view him as fairly useful, as in won't backstab them. So he could be brought along as long as he helps out the other higher-ranknig Cardassian, but as soon as the other Cardassian does something the character thinks is dishonorable, he will not support them.

So his history could be a series of high-ranking Cardassians using him as a defense, but when they do something a bit off, they drop him at the same time. People under him know that he will deal with them fairly, so they need to keep their backstabbing quiet, or at least have plenty of evidence that the other person is obviously unfit in one area or another.

He could have lots of career ups and downs, depending on the success/failure/abandonment of his patron at the time.

He could be just like Gul Darheel where he sends his men out to shoot Bajorans, as he knows that Cardassia needs the land to grow.
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Coalition wrote:Given his preference for not backstabbing, others would tend to view him as fairly useful, as in won't backstab them. So he could be brought along as long as he helps out the other higher-ranknig Cardassian, but as soon as the other Cardassian does something the character thinks is dishonorable, he will not support them.

So his history could be a series of high-ranking Cardassians using him as a defense, but when they do something a bit off, they drop him at the same time. People under him know that he will deal with them fairly, so they need to keep their backstabbing quiet, or at least have plenty of evidence that the other person is obviously unfit in one area or another.

He could have lots of career ups and downs, depending on the success/failure/abandonment of his patron at the time.

He could be just like Gul Darheel where he sends his men out to shoot Bajorans, as he knows that Cardassia needs the land to grow.
Oooh I like that idea, and I figured it could be through this that he would get his first command of a Hideki class ship in 2350, then maybe said Nor class space station a decade later in 2360, still retaining that command in the 2370s during the Dominion War.
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

Meste17 wrote: Oooh I like that idea, and I figured it could be through this that he would get his first command of a Hideki class ship in 2350, then maybe said Nor class space station a decade later in 2360, still retaining that command in the 2370s during the Dominion War.
A Nor station would technically be an independent command, so with the need for a patron I don't see that happening.

A Hideki, or part of a squadron command (where the patron can keep an eye on him), would seem to fit better. So lots of squadron member/XO/department leadership posts, but rarely if ever an independent command.

Basically the other Cardassians don't trust him out of their sight because he's too good.
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Coalition wrote:
Meste17 wrote: Oooh I like that idea, and I figured it could be through this that he would get his first command of a Hideki class ship in 2350, then maybe said Nor class space station a decade later in 2360, still retaining that command in the 2370s during the Dominion War.
A Nor station would technically be an independent command, so with the need for a patron I don't see that happening.

A Hideki, or part of a squadron command (where the patron can keep an eye on him), would seem to fit better. So lots of squadron member/XO/department leadership posts, but rarely if ever an independent command.

Basically the other Cardassians don't trust him out of their sight because he's too good.
Ah, then what about a Galor or a Keldon, with two others of the same class, and his ship as the flagship? Cardassians have been known to operate in hunter packs of three.
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

Meste17 wrote: Ah, then what about a Galor or a Keldon, with two others of the same class, and his ship as the flagship? Cardassians have been known to operate in hunter packs of three.
That would work. He is second in command of the force, the CO of his ship, but the XO of his ship is the one that 'moderates' his decisions with the crew, or at least makes sure the crew politicking never gets seen by him.

It would also allow for a convenient relief valve for the Cardassian military, where they send the Cardassians that are of a more 'noble/proper' mindset to serve under his command. They would also send him on the more dangerous missions, with obvious opponents. Obvious opponents are ones that he would fight even after getting to know them, instead of rebels that just want a voice in the government that he might agree with. This would serve the purpose of keeping some of the troublemakers on his ship, and at the same time the combat losses would keep the number of troublemakers down.

So lots of awards for Bravery under Fire, medals for Service above the Call, and nearly all of them posthumous.
Relativity Calculator
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Moved to writers forum
email, ergo spam