2450 - about time!

Show us your fanfic, original stories, poems, etc
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

2450 - about time!

Post by MetalHead »

So, with permission from GraniteHewer who is studying furiously and thus cannot devote enough time, I'm supposed to take the helm of 2450. One thing - Im more than ready to start the RPG but as far as making videos I have a bit of a concern.

While a Federation style ship that looks like it would be from 2450 is not a probolem, giving it an opponent IS. Legacy's UU mod has lots of ships, but the probolem is they're classed into different "eras" and thus alot of them cannot be put together for the desired effect. So the questions is - do we want to try and explain why starship designs for the Romulans, Klingons, Cardassians, Breen, Jem'Hadar, and Vulcans have not changed from 2380 to 2450 or should I scrap the whole idea...
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Well we can set it in what would be the TNG/DS9 era, initially but state that 2450 is in fact,the date according to the tiberius calendar of the Terran Empire
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I don't think it will be a huge problem. Anything can be explained away... the existence of Empire (rather than confederation) might have stunted advancement somewhat. Or the more heavily defensive footing of the other powers made thim give preference to production over new designs. Or...
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

unfamiliar stardates and such, further enhance the ''alienness'' of the universe, am going to get my crayolas and spend some of tomorrow,scribbling ideas, hope everyone else does too
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

if Terran Empire it is, I have access to uhm, 4 ships with TE colors - Akula, Consitution Refit, Miranda Refit. Otherwise, the various designs of romulan vessels and klingon vessels were original and therefor shouldn't be a probolem...
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

akula, meaning the russian submarine?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

There's also a non-canon (IIRC) ship by that name, belonging to Starfleet.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

Booze and Strippers!
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

Akula class according to Legacy

Booze and Strippers!
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

So it's basically a two-nacelle Constellation.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Pretty much, yeah.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

Rochey wrote:Pretty much, yeah.
with alot less torpedo firepower, though. Thats just the game for you though.

Booze and Strippers!
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Weird. But, it does have a much slighter targetting aspect when approaching.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

Also, the constellation's primary hull is alot thicker, and has that shuttle bay at the front.

Booze and Strippers!
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

does everyone think that the akula, fits snugly with starfleets' design lineage, or is just a obsurd rip-off of the constellation class, or both?