Looking through the broken glass

Show us your fanfic, original stories, poems, etc
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I think it makes more sense that the Rommies would have an ally or tributary state than the Terrans, who would simply try to annex them. And it certainly makes sense that Cardassia could be influenced a/o manipulated via economic means.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

I have a vauge idea, and i've done the 2450 RPG Test Video based around it

Most of what was said about alliances/affiliations dosn't bother me

one thing I was thinking would be interesting though -

Somehow, the Vulcans have been secretly constructing a MASSIVE fleet for hundreds of years now, upgrading them with the latest technologies as they went, until finally they have enough to be a serious threat to the alpha quadrant's integrity. They emerge out of nowhere and suddenly a war ensues. They take over starbases, starships, and the Federation (or whatever) is hard pressed to keep them abated, seeing as how they have been the most trusted member of the Federation since its founding, and therefor know the ins and outs etc.

I did the video based on this idea. Please watch it though, if I'm doing video sequences, I *MUST* know what to do and what NOT to do, this is our RPG so lets make most of it :-)

Keep in mind that I *AM* limited to ST: Legacy however

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pxJ5L2MQ2YE

enjoy. and PS - don't mind the randomness at the end
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

bump!
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

You know, I had been toying with the posting the idea of a prominent Terran Empire member(s) rebelling against the Empire. I wasn't sure who, but the Vulcans make perfect sense. Especially if something were to be included about a possible reconciliation (for real, this time) with their Rommie cousins...

PS Where do I get a nice day for one and a half pounds? (what is that, about $350 US?)
as Bull offed Custer
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

Mikey wrote:You know, I had been toying with the posting the idea of a prominent Terran Empire member(s) rebelling against the Empire. I wasn't sure who, but the Vulcans make perfect sense. Especially if something were to be included about a possible reconciliation (for real, this time) with their Rommie cousins...

PS Where do I get a nice day for one and a half pounds? (what is that, about $350 US?)
Just think it would be interesting to see the normally quiet and pacafist like vulcans to start kicking the shizat out of everyone

you get a nice day from Tescos. You buy a can of relentless ( a crazy energy drink, over 500mg of caffiene in a pint can) and drink it all rapidly. Your day will be epic.

Booze and Strippers!
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I can't drink all that caffeine at once - it interferes with my insulin regimen.

I tried something similar Sunday night at a Bon Jovi concert, though. I was in my cousin's box at the new Prudential Center arena, and everything was on the house - cocktails early, Maker's Mark at dinner, bourbon and sodas in the box...
as Bull offed Custer
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

Another idea - federation Civil war

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xYwy__oX_OU

Booze and Strippers!
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Mikey wrote:
That exchange rate is a little skewed!
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Pax Vulcana!
It is logical to seed peace via the medium of war......or some such tripe.
Plus Reunification with the Romulans would be cool, and unsettle the terrans somewhat, allowing ancilliary powers to be dragged in
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

Granitehewer wrote:Pax Vulcana!
It is logical to seed peace via the medium of war......or some such tripe.
Plus Reunification with the Romulans would be cool, and unsettle the terrans somewhat, allowing ancilliary powers to be dragged in
Yeah. Perhaps the Vulcans simply went apeshat at the romulans, ripped them into peices, then decided 'logic dictates we must not stop. the time of our people to rule the stars once again has risen'

Booze and Strippers!
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

i think Mikeys' idea is better, with reconciliation, it leads on well from several TNG episodes, including the one with the mercenary ship and the vulcan posing as a romulan to gather the ancient vulcan weapons, aswell as reunification 1&2, and quite a few ENT episodes
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

Right so...

maybe something like

Romulans/Vulcans form huge alliance, and start getting aggressive, or what?

I reckon we should have the origin of the Borg in this RPG, or our collective take on it (no pun intended)

Booze and Strippers!
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

i've always been a fan of the V'ger idea...

Voyager launched.
Goes into a wormwhole.
Fixed by advanced machine race.
Sent to learn all that is learnable.
Joins with a human.
Discovers that by making a biological creature apart of it, it had expanded it's realm of knowlege.
Moves its focus from the mechanical to biological.
Begins travel towards the Delta Quadrant.
Begins adding biological distinctiveness of different species.
Sets up a network to bridge all it has learned to all parts of its system.
Borg collective is born.
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

Yeah that was somethin i liked, was in a book Shatner wrote, The Return I think. Good novel, though I never got the sequel (Dark Victory)

Booze and Strippers!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Meh, I've never thought much if that idea, myself.

By the way, great videos, Metalhead. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"