Looking through the broken glass

Show us your fanfic, original stories, poems, etc
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Looking through the broken glass

Post by Granitehewer »

Right
Can i confirm that for the 2450 Star Trek rpg, simply as players and/or as brainlings to help us envisage, narrate, 3D model, 2D draw and extrapolate future trek: tech, weapons,politics, territories maps, ship lineage progression, territories, we have onboard:

Mikey- mind bogglingly existentialist
Dark Omen- modeller, arty creative type
Metalhead-video sequence/cgi man
Chakat- you know what you are,
Rochey- oh god! lol
Me
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

im in...

and for your viewing pleasure:

Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

A new record, going off topic at post 2! :P
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well that was....random....

I'd be happy to work on the political developements and such throughout the period.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Well as we all will get equal votes and vetos, anything can be suggested, i was thinking perhaps a fractioning of the klingon empire into warring houses thanks to romulan machinations bearing fruit, or perhaps a closening of romulan and federation ties, a warming of the usual strained frosty relations but is up to everyone to decide on such...
And with enough votes, we could even replace the united federation of planets with the terran empire....
Any chance you can hope back on msn sometime?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Whatever was wrong with my computer seems to be clearing up for some reason, I'll give it a try in a while.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

everyone on the list of so far players, barring mikey has msn,so we could have group chats :-P
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Okay, its working again. (I think!)
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I'm in - and flattered that you consider me such a thinker!
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

i consider you a true friend before a thinker, but yes, you mentally dwarf me
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Right, chakat, rochey, mikey, metal, dark, et al !
Hows about a skeletal little brainstorm here!
Firstly: Politics&Territories and Affiliations&Antagonists for the major powers circa 2450, and also if people want it set 'in universe' or 'alternate universe'. Any mapmakers welcome to express themselves!

My vote (happily ignored or heavily modified):
Alternate universe, with Terran Empire in lieu of United Federation of Planets.
Klingon Empire fragmented into warring houses&micro-empires under pressure from Romulan schemes and from factions who have warred over the validity of Emperor Clone-Kahless and pro&anti resurgent House of Duras etc, so is in disparate pockets.
Cardassian Union, annexed Talarian Republic.
Romulan Star Empire, larger than before having made some gains into what was formerly klingon space, and so is more on a par, with the Terran Empire, although both regimes utilise 'free klingons' i.e. masterless ronin as mercenaries and auxiliaries.
Dominion, not yet emerged as the wormhole is still sealed
Ferengi Alliance, more centralised and heavily involved in and monopolising most of the underworld from gun-running to white collar and boardroom financial fraud, and is via stocks&shares and bribes, propping up central command in the cardassian union.
Breen Confederacy, isolationist, galactic feelers via ferengi and other intermediataries and by intelligence officers posing as sellswords and mercenaries, terminates any vessels of any affiliation which violate its territorial integrity, almost becoming a galactic boogyman.
Tholian Assembly, deeply involved in klingon civil wars and is home to several exiled houses, giving asylum.Also took advantage of chaos to annex the Gorn Hegemony.
Ideas?
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

An issue that was never really dealt with as far as the Ferengi, in the episodes at the end of DS9, some very dramatic changes were in the works... women's rights, tons of policy changes, Rom as the Nagus, etc... i think this needs to be further explored.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I like the ideas, esp. the Ferengi as a more influential if covert influence. Perhaps one of the smaller powers - Cardassians or Tholians - has decided to live in fealty to either the Rommies or the Terrans in order to retain some bit of autonomy?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

okies mon petite omen dark, and your exploration of that would be?
Last edited by Granitehewer on Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Hows about the oppulent ferengi manipulating the assorted guls and glims and the tholian assembly being an ally or vassal of romulus or earth?
What would you prefer?