How long?

Show us your fanfic, original stories, poems, etc
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

How long?

Post by Varthikes »

How long can the stories be that we post here?
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Dean Martlou
Master chief petty officer
Master chief petty officer

Post by Dean Martlou »

i would imagine as long as you want, although there may be a character limit on the length of individual posts.

also, regarding your signature:

PERN IS AWESOME!

go, Mnementh, go!
DBS
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by DBS »

I've seen a lot of long posts here (I've made more than my fair share) :lol: . And I haven't yet run into a limit in similar forums. Maybe I should write longer posts.

I'd bet if you posted one chapter at a time, there would be no problems unless you are channeling Dickens.

Moreover, I wonder if we are allowed crossovers. I would hate to be the one who started acrimonious controversy by putting up a vs. fanfic, but that is what I have written so far. Anyway, I won't post it until I have an administrator's blessing.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Jean-Luc Picard, quoting judge Aaron Satie
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Varthikes »

Drake Zure wrote:i would imagine as long as you want, although there may be a character limit on the length of individual posts.

also, regarding your signature:

PERN IS AWESOME!

go, Mnementh, go!
I've written a Pern fanfic that I was thinking of posting here. Actually, it's half fanfic, half original story set in my own Universe.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Tiberius
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Tiberius »

Can we get word from the webmaster on the character limit in posts here?
Go and read my fan fic "The Hansen Diaries"! And leave comments!
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

I don't think we have a limit on the size of an actual post. If there is I can't see where it's set. I'll investigate some more and post again.
Thanks
Ian
email, ergo spam
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'd quite like to see a Pern fanfic, I haven't found many of them.

As for the length, post each chapter seperately, that's what I usually do in other forums.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Tiberius wrote:Can we get word from the webmaster on the character limit in posts here?
OK, looking at the underlying data storage for posts the limit is 64Kb per message. That is 65,536 characters.
Thanks
Ian
email, ergo spam
Tiberius
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Tiberius »

IanKennedy wrote:
Tiberius wrote:Can we get word from the webmaster on the character limit in posts here?
OK, looking at the underlying data storage for posts the limit is 64Kb per message. That is 65,536 characters.
Thanks
Ian
Cheers for that! :)
Go and read my fan fic "The Hansen Diaries"! And leave comments!
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Varthikes »

Rochey wrote:I'd quite like to see a Pern fanfic, I haven't found many of them.

As for the length, post each chapter seperately, that's what I usually do in other forums.
That's what I tend to do, too. :)

Much thanks for that clarification, Ian! :)
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

No problem
email, ergo spam