Proud Leigon Specs and discussion

Show us your fanfic, original stories, poems, etc
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Proud Leigon Specs and discussion

Post by Tyyr »

Here's a picture of what the FA-51's are based off of:

Sorry about the small pic but for a popular game I'm not finding a ton of close ups of the Homeworld spacecraft. The fighter in the picture is actually a Taidann bomber. I like it because it's a bit chunkier, more solidly built than most fighter images. It also doesn't give much consideration to operating in atmosphere either.

Right now I'm leaning towards calling the FA-51 the Panther, any thoughts?

Runner up is the Taidan interceptor, which I like but didn't really gel with what I had in mind for the fighter. Who knows, maybe down the road I an introduce the idea of an interceptor.

Here's the weapon's layout of the Typhoon. They share a similar hull shape with the Sovereigns so I just reused the Sov blueprints. Red are phaser arrays, green are torpedo tubes, pink are CIWS turrets. Just to keep things clear all weapons are visible in one view only.

Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I decided to come up with an FDF logo while waiting for PL4 to get back from my proofreader.

Familiar to anyone?

**EDIT**

Actually as I look at it I realize I did something stupid. Have to change out the Earth Logo for a UFP one.

Ok, fixed.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Here's a rough rough sketch of the Typhoon's bridge. I'm working on a CAD version of this.

Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Ok, actual question.

I feel a bit dirty using a spacial anomaly as the enabler for this story. Doubly so because it's a "subspace anomaly." Anyone feel this is particularly cliche' or eye-roll inducing?
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Well it is cliche just because its used all the time. That doesnt make it bad. Just dont abuse it.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Well, I think my last chapter points to the anomaly not being the point of the story. I also don't have a problem with saying right now that at no point will the anomaly be explained, fixed, or compensated for. Much like a thunderstorm with a sailing ship, it just is and they deal with.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

No problem then, anomalys happen all the time.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Tyyr wrote:Well, I think my last chapter points to the anomaly not being the point of the story. I also don't have a problem with saying right now that at no point will the anomaly be explained, fixed, or compensated for. Much like a thunderstorm with a sailing ship, it just is and they deal with.
That, to me, would actually be a refreshing change in the treatment of these things.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Then I'm guessing you liked...
Terzi looked at her incredulously. "The polarity of WHAT? Modulate something? It's a deflector dish not a magic wand!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Yeah, that was a nice bit. I kept imagining John Pertwee "reversing the polarity of the neutron flow." :lol:
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Hey i went to click on it in your signature and it said the post no longer existed?
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Odd, but should be fixed now.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I am in need of additional proofreaders. Right now LH does a good job of going over my stuff and helping out, but he's just one guy. I'd like to get another two proofreaders to take a look at things before hand if possible.

The requirements are simple. I need feedback not someone who's going to read it and say, "Good stuff." I need to know what's good, what's bad. Horribly worded passages, well written ones. Technical errors, continuity errors, questions as to why I do things the way I'm doing them and suggestions to do them better. I do not need someone who just wants to read things early.

Big bonus if you're willing to let me bounce ideas off you ahead of time.

If you're interested just let me know.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Well don't everyone jump at the chance.

I was rereading chapter 5 and it dawned on me. Why did it have to be the conference room behind the bridge? Why not just use a holodeck and make a holo confernce room? If he was so worried about the Romulans getting on the bridge why not just have discussions else where. Duh.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Tyyr wrote:Well don't everyone jump at the chance.

I was rereading chapter 5 and it dawned on me. Why did it have to be the conference room behind the bridge? Why not just use a holodeck and make a holo confernce room? If he was so worried about the Romulans getting on the bridge why not just have discussions else where. Duh.
Simple case for both you and him, the whole holo thing so rarely gets used in any practical sense. 95% of the time it's shown as a recreational device.