The Elenir Universe (c)

Show us your fanfic, original stories, poems, etc
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: The Elenir Universe (c)

Post by Reliant121 »

The detail is absolutely immense. Thats what troubles me, i admit i havent read the full post since the first one you made.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Reliant121 wrote:The detail is absolutely immense. Thats what troubles me, i admit i havent read the full post since the first one you made.

Its not that much more immense than yours or GK's. Just I don't have space ships to have pictures of and background info of so I put that information into nations and religions.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Ahh...i suppose it would help if i had my glasses on. I see that text and its like "F*CKKKKK"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Reliant121 wrote:Ahh...i suppose it would help if i had my glasses on. I see that text and its like "F*CKKKKK"
lol. Well the Thoreluin post is mainly in list format. So its a lot smaller than it looks and the other two posts about the Andurin and Golgi aren't that bad. You should read them :P
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I've got bugger all else to do. Let me get a latte from the coffee machine, and i'll read through.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

From what I can understand, the nations have formed from different caste's or profession groups, correct?
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Reliant121 wrote:From what I can understand, the nations have formed from different caste's or profession groups, correct?
Out of the ones I've listed, yes. But its been nearly a thousand years and in that time people have developed unique cultures.

The military retreated into the north taking as many people as they could. The Golgi decided to settle down where their support base was. As I list more of the nations though that rule won't always hold up. But in general like minded people colonized certain areas. When I get to the Okin for example, they started off as farmers and plantations and miners because thats the most resource rich and fertile land. The Finguildir on the other hand just were the poor smucks left behind when Andurin collapsed.

-Remain Star Trek-
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Interesting.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Last edited by Monroe on Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Remain Star Trek-
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Thread moved to the Writer's Forum at the request of its creator.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

Is bloood metal an c=actual magic metal or something looked at as magic? Is there an equivalent of blood metal in our world?
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

shran wrote:Is bloood metal an c=actual magic metal or something looked at as magic? Is there an equivalent of blood metal in our world?
Its something that is pseudo-magic. I haven't ever really decided if it is actually magic or not.
There's no real life equilivant but the metal they use on stealth bombers are similiar in that its very sharp and doesn't like to heal even weeks after getting cut with it.

I've joked with the idea of making blood metal a carcinogen, something the characters would never actually realize but maybe a comment about how the blood metal leaves streaks in the air because it slowly descentergrates and it leaves its wearers with a strange illness that makes them tired and weak after many years of exposure.. But that isn't finalized yet.

-Remain Star Trek-
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Been awhile since I worked on my book due to school and everything but now that I only go to school like one day a week I'm finding so much free time :P

Last edited by Monroe on Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Remain Star Trek-
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

To me and this is in my own opinion. Your info feels to spread out. You should pick a central nation, one that is the closest balance between everyone else. Cover everything about them and then work on covering the peoples on their borders. When I read any fiction. I like to have clearly defined starting point. If you try to cover everyone at once you lose the "mind's eye" effect that you want to go for. You have everything you need, you just need to sort it out a little better. Make it a little less cluttered. Again IMO.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Deepcrush wrote:To me and this is in my own opinion. Your info feels to spread out. You should pick a central nation, one that is the closest balance between everyone else. Cover everything about them and then work on covering the peoples on their borders. When I read any fiction. I like to have clearly defined starting point. If you try to cover everyone at once you lose the "mind's eye" effect that you want to go for. You have everything you need, you just need to sort it out a little better. Make it a little less cluttered. Again IMO.
Oh I totally agree. The focal points are two characters, brothers, who were seperated. They are Dykír in birth but one ends up with the Okin and one ends up with the Hesrin. First book about one, second about the other, the third they join up together. Im just laying out all the races in the world. Similiarly to how Graham does it with his Coalition aliens thread. Its like if I were to do a fictional universe say called Earth from the standpoint of someone in a magical nation called the United States I might want to say the made up nation of Canada lies north of them. Then describe what these Canadians are like.

The Okin, Hesrin (And by extention their masters the Thoreluin), and the Nadir are the most important. Nadir being the antagonists, and the two protagonists being in the Okin and Hesrin camps.

-Remain Star Trek-