Fanfiction

Show us your fanfic, original stories, poems, etc
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Fanfiction

Post by Teaos »

I haven never really found a piece of fanfiction that holds my attention. I have read many enjoyable fanfictions from other fandoms, mainly books yet Star trek is sadly lacking.

It seems to be full of slash, fan girl fantasy fics with blantant self insertion and Mary sues, fluffy romance fics and the few stories that could be good are usually written horribally by people a little to obsesed with how great the Federation is... I'm reminded of that idiot who made the 16km Sovereign.

So does anyone know of any good pieces of ST fanfiction with a good dynamic plot that isnt loaded with fluff, slash, or mary sues?
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Fanfiction

Post by Aaron »

Teaos wrote:I haven never really found a piece of fanfiction that holds my attention. I have read many enjoyable fanfictions from other fandoms, mainly books yet Star trek is sadly lacking.

It seems to be full of slash, fan girl fantasy fics with blantant self insertion and Mary sues, fluffy romance fics and the few stories that could be good are usually written horribally by people a little to obsesed with how great the Federation is... I'm reminded of that idiot who made the 16km Sovereign.

So does anyone know of any good pieces of ST fanfiction with a good dynamic plot that isnt loaded with fluff, slash, or mary sues?
Well if you don't mind crossovers, Stravo's Starcrossed is hard to beat.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

I enjoyed Horizon, Trio and Renegade on ex-astris-scientia.org. those are pretty good, good characters interesting stories. In the fiction section of Bernds site most of the stories are fairly decent. IMO of course.
Last edited by Sonic Glitch on Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'll second Starcrossed. Dunno about any good Trek only fiction, though.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SuperSaiyaMan12 »

You described about...75.5% of all fanfiction, Teaos.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

More like 95%.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I enjoyed the TOS based book, "How Much for Just the Planet", but only because it was funny. Story wasn't that great, IMO.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

Sadly Teaos thats the nature of fanfiction. It depends on what you like to get out of it. I usually use fanfiction as the basis for slaughter and just kill everything since writing actions sequences is the only thing I've ever had any luck with.
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
Tiberius
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Tiberius »

Have you read my fanfic, "The Hansen Diairies" on here? It was quite popular, then it seemed as though all interest was lost!
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Actually, Tiberius, in my own case the only thing that was lost was my own hubris to critique you.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Have you read my fanfic, "The Hansen Diairies" on here? It was quite popular, then it seemed as though all interest was lost!
I read the first chapter or two and while welll writen the general premise generally isnt my style. I don't tend to read prequils unless I have good reason to "Hey I wonder whats gonna happen next... oh wait, I know what happens next since I have seen the future..."

So while it was a well written story it just isnt my style.

JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

Why not read my fanfic, Star Trek: Sovereign? It takes place after Nemesis, and a sort of deranged crew.
There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
MightyDwarf
Petty officer third class
Petty officer third class

Post by MightyDwarf »

Star Trek the Final Frontier by Chris Adamek, 5 season, 120 episodes, conspiracies, ancient races, a big conflict... Simply the best fanfiction series I ever read.

http://www.sttff.net/

And another good piece of fanfiction Star Trek Dragon by Jon Wasik

http://www.stdragon.com/

Both of these are great fanfiction series, and are definetly worth reading.
“Just once I'd like to ask someone for help and hear them say "Sure. Let's go. Right now. No strings attached."”
-Commander Shepard
Tiberius
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Tiberius »

Teaos wrote:
I read the first chapter or two and while welll writen the general premise generally isnt my style. I don't tend to read prequils unless I have good reason to "Hey I wonder whats gonna happen next... oh wait, I know what happens next since I have seen the future..."

So while it was a well written story it just isnt my style.
true, but my fanfic isn't really meant to be the "OMG, what happens next?" kind of thing. We all know they get assimilated. It's more an exploration of HOW they ended up getting assimilated. Filling in the gaps that Dark Frontier left us. There's a lot of stuff in there that you don't get from Dark Frontier, including Hirogen, a battle with two Romulan light cruisers and an ocean planet. So don't think you know what's going to happen....
Go and read my fan fic "The Hansen Diaries"! And leave comments!