Star Trek : Infinity

Show us your fanfic, original stories, poems, etc
Deadilus
Crewman
Crewman

Post by Deadilus »

Hi all,

Well, I am not entirely sure if this is the right place to post it up (stands by for flaming ;)) but I write as part of Star Trek : Infinity, an online Play By Email Roleplaying (PBEM RPG) group.

Now, I'm not saying we are the largest or best - since I've not been involved in every PBEM RPG out there such comments would be ridiculous - but we have 16 months worth of writing at the site that you are free to read if the mood takes you.

We have some absolutely amazing writers in the group and we all hope you like what you see. :)
"There is an infinite universe out there for us to explore"

www.st-infinity.co.uk
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

sounds interesting. looked at the site and it LOOKS interesting. so uh, do explain to someone like me whose never done anything of this nature - how does this work?
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
Deadilus
Crewman
Crewman

Online Writing

Post by Deadilus »

Each ship in ST : Infinity is comprised of a group of writers from all different countries and walks of life.

Every writer, on joining, creates a character profile and chooses a position (e.g. Engineering, Security, Tactical, Operations) aboard one of starships (Horizon or Relentless) and a rank (usually an Ensign, but sometimes a cadet or crewman).

Once that is done, and your application has been approved, you then join the ship and will typically write your character's perspective on the current storyline, although 'omniscient' narrator-style posts are another way to occasionally write. Typically, we ask that writers 'post' a story once every week or two, although the pace of a storyline may allow some to write several 'posts' in a week, which is also fine.

The next storyline on a ship is usually discussed by the administration during the current storyline, but little formal planning is ever put in place - the stories are fluid entities shaped during the course of the writing by every individual involved.

Over time, and the course of stories, character interaction and development will occur, taking what usually started as a brief character profile and fleshing it out over years (well, we hope people stay with us that long! :D)

Having read through your writing on this forum, I am pretty sure you'd fit right in ;)

I hope that the above answers your question, but if you want to join and give it a whirl then please do - the more the merrier :)

www.st-infinity.co.uk
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

That sounds like fun. I used to join in on a Star Wars version simliar to that and had a lot of fun.
Dean Martlou
Master chief petty officer
Master chief petty officer

Post by Dean Martlou »

i've thought about these things, but they're too slow for me.
it'd drive me buggier than Nationstates.
Oops.

I shouldn't have told you that last part.
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

thats the only reason I'm not joining lol
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
Deadilus
Crewman
Crewman

Star Trek : Infinity - 2008 promises to be a GREAT year

Post by Deadilus »

The year 2008 promises to be an excellent one for Star Trek : Infinity and its writers.

Not only are both the USS Horizon and the USS Relentless partway through their fifth storylines, but future story ideas continue to amass. To this end, Starbase 9 has also commenced its first official chapter, designed to feature posts from Additional Player Characters (APCs) of the administration and is planned to help set the background for what is to come; feedback from existing writers has been excellent, and we hadn't even told them yet - it was just an additional creative outlet from someone who simply likes to write!

2008 will also mark the second anniversary of Star Trek : Infinity. Although this game was original created as a home for a few writers, it has become a community for many like-minded individuals.

And all this without any breaks, hiatus or restarts! :D

www.st-infinity.co.uk