Trek People!

Showcase your own starship and weapon designs or other creative artwork
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Trek People!

Post by Graham Kennedy »

So a couple of years back I posted a happy little thread in which I showed off a couple of my "standard people" - characters that you can import into a scene either to use to scale stuff, or to stick behind a window on a ship. They don't usually have to be very detailed, since the finished image usually has them about 10 pixels tall, but I was happy to have a much nicer one...

Well I thought I would have a go at doing some figures for the Trek ships I do, and since I've been on a TOS bender lately...

It's fun to make them, but there are problems to work around. Makehuman is the program I use to create people, but it comes with a very limited set of clothing. So I make everyone with a long sleeve shirt and jeans, and then import the figure into Blender and mess the clothing around to turn it into a uniform.

Also fun making Andorian antennae. I especially love how the girl Andorian turned out. She actually looks kind of cute!
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Trek People!

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Okay, it's very silly but I had a hankering to do this after seeing the Wonder Woman movie...

click to embiggen...

The tank is not mine, I found it on a Blender file sharing site. It was created by a guy called Heinzelnisse. The girl I made in Makehuman, with some blender modification to turn her clothing into a Starfleet uniform.

Like I say, silly... but it amused me!
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...