Saladin class render

Showcase your own starship and weapon designs or other creative artwork
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Saladin class render

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Thank you kindly! :)
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Saladin class render

Post by Graham Kennedy »

A Saladin class destroyer rides alongside my border patrol ship design, the USS Cerbeus (aka the Hound, the Bad Doggie, the Last Stop, the Dead End...).

As you can see, the Cerberus is designed to be a small, small ship. Patrolling the frontier in forgotten areas where you deal with pirates and smugglers rather than Klingons and Romulans. A Saladin class destroyer would be a hugely modern and powerful presence in any place that normally had to rely on a Cerberus for defence.

Needless to say, something like the Enterprise would never even come close to these kinds of areas.

I love the way the lighting in this pic turned out. Actually it was by accident - I normally have a large light emitting panel behind the camera to provide an even and fairly shadow-free lighting effect. I think it got turned off somehow here. But I do think these ships would look even better with some self-lighting, illuminating the hull lettering and stuff. And I need to rework the Cerberus lettering, now that I've begun to get the hang of doing that well. Maybe another go at this coming soon...
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...