New Universe New Ship

Showcase your own starship and weapon designs or other creative artwork
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

New Universe New Ship

Post by Lt. Staplic »

So, for a couple years now I've been working off an on on developing my own universe. It's still very much a work in progress, but I've been toying around with some ship designs and this afternoon I decided to try and model one of them. The result is the Ares Class.

Length: ~520m
Beam: ~200m
Height: ~72m = 18 decks

Other Stats: Still a work in Progress.

Role: Carrier/Battleship (Still deciding if how I feel about fighter craft)

The Ares Class is the biggest ship ever launched by Earth. As the name suggests, this ship is designed to engage the enemy and neutralize them before they become a threat to Earth or her colonies.

As you will probably be able to tell the neoGalactica and the Daedalus 304 were heavy influences on the design of the ship.

So let me know what you think.
Last edited by Lt. Staplic on Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: New Universe New Ship

Post by Teaos »

It might be my color blindness but I find the sketch very hard to see, the contrast of the picture isnt very strong. But as a huge fan on the neoBSG I love the design.

One thing I always find interesting. Almost everyone designs spaceship like modern jets to some extent. Why not have the engines and wings at the front rather than the back.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I'm not color-blind and it's still very hard to see, and there's little to indicate orientation. I do like the idea of an "end-loaded" design, however.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I'm not seeing a ship on that pic. It's just a green background with a black rectangle on it surrounded by a beveled edge.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Turn up contrast, there is a fainter grey sketch in it.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Try the new link. I forgot I'd put it on a black background to get the color black I wanted. I also made the color lighter in the new one so it's easier to see.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Much better. :) Looks like there's quite a strong Klingon influence on the design.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Much better! Nice looking design.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...