Fan Designer

Showcase your own starship and weapon designs or other creative artwork
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Fan Designer

Post by Teaos »

This guy has a lot of very cool ships and idea on his site, This is my favorite but he has a whole bunch on his blog.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fan Designer

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Quantum Slipstream, ablative armour generator, "Type XVII Megaphasers"?

Hmm, seems a little OTT for my tastes. But it's a 2400 design so I suppose it's within reason. Nice looking ship, for sure.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I didnt even read the stats, I was just looking at design. Yeah a bit OTT. Fan wanking at its best.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Well the ablative armour came from 2404 in the first place, so it's reasonable for a 2409 ship to have it. Same with transphasic torpedoes.

Slipstream we really don't know, though I suppose the fact that Voyager's crew accepted it as something the Federation had just invented could be taken to mean that the tech wasn't too outrageously advanced. But it's always implied that the next big step for the Federation would be transwarp drive rather than slipstream, if I were positing a next generation drive system I'd have gone with that.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Doesn't slip stream implie you are behind something going fast?

Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

Isn't that from Star Trek Online?
Bite my shiny metal ass
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

That's a ship from Star Trek Online. The stats aren't, but the design of it is.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Ah... never mind then. From what I read I thought he just got inspiration from the site.

Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

No, those are screenshots.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I have seen that ship in the Star Trek Legacy Ultimate mode. I think its called the Excalibur too over there. I think the Enterprise F is part of the class.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

That's a Star Trek Online ship, but he makes it smaller than it appears in the game, it's the first 1km long Federation ship.

A pic of my Odyssey next to an Ambassador of a friend.

If you want to ask me, this avatar is a resized version of "The War Come Home" by Davemetlesits found on DeviantArt
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Looks very Soverign-ish in that shot.

Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

It looks very Sovereignish in all the shots.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

All the battle cruisers and battleship (the Odyssey is clearly a Battleship as the NPC is classified with the Federation Dreadnought) are very Sovereignish in Star Trek Online.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Odyssey
If you want to ask me, this avatar is a resized version of "The War Come Home" by Davemetlesits found on DeviantArt
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Captain Seafort wrote:It looks very Sovereignish in all the shots.
Yeah looks like a stretched warped version of a Sovereign. Is this the new thing? Instead of cutting and pasting parts, it is doing this? Warping and stretching an existing design with some real alterations and then expand the design to make it bigger overall and make it in a new ship?
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"