Dreadnought Class

Showcase your own starship and weapon designs or other creative artwork
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Dreadnought Class

Post by Captain Seafort »

McAvoy wrote:...and their stations are 100+ 500+ miles in diameter.
Fixed. 8)
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

The first one was 100+ miles in diameter.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

True, but I think it's best to look at the upper end of the range if we're examining capabilities. Most battleships were a fair bit smaller than twelve miles as well.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Most likely. But building a 500 mile diameter starion is a very good indication of industrial might. 12 mile long battleships would be nothing in comparison.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

McAvoy wrote:Most likely. But building a 500 mile diameter starion is a very good indication of industrial might. 12 mile long battleships would be nothing in comparison.
It doesn't demonstrate anything like the industrial capacity, but still demonstrates engineering skill pretty well given that said twelve-mile battleship is capable of (and therefore has to be built to withstand) orders of magnitude greater acceleration than the Death Star.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Discussion of the Omega particle split to here.