New Cardassian Ships

Showcase your own starship and weapon designs or other creative artwork
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: New Cardassian Ships

Post by Tyyr »

Similar to the last few but intended to be much smaller, 300,000 tons. It's intended to be an explorer but a small one Intrepid style to the Malak's Ambassador size.

G'Kin

Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Honestly, I'd take the Hammerhead as a Heavy Cruiser. Its body and shape just scream "Bring the pain" due to the thick build.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Do you mean Hammerhead cruiser as in the SW? Or is one of the earlier variants labelled Hammerhead.

As for the G'Kin, if it's intended to be an explorer style then that's great but at least by game terms 300,000 is wayyyy to small. AFAIK, big ships = explorers. An exploration frigate needs to be more like 800K-1000K.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I meant the one he just posted.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Ah right. I thought it looked rather light and...flimsy for a cruiser size ship. more suited for a frigate.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Reliant121 wrote:Do you mean Hammerhead cruiser as in the SW? Or is one of the earlier variants labelled Hammerhead.

As for the G'Kin, if it's intended to be an explorer style then that's great but at least by game terms 300,000 is wayyyy to small. AFAIK, big ships = explorers. An exploration frigate needs to be more like 800K-1000K.
not really. The G'Kin isn't going to make it far outside Cardassian Space on it's own, but it's great for convoy's with larger ships into deep space where the G'Kin's can provide extra coverage of the nearby area.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Ah so If you had a explorer control cruiser as a "hub" then have a load of smaller ones run to nearby systems.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Reliant121 wrote:Ah so If you had a explorer control cruiser as a "hub" then have a load of smaller ones run to nearby systems.
yup......

for example when the wormhole was first discovered that's how most of my exploration was done (before we found the Borg). A Pulsar went through with 3-4 Etoil and the would just travel as a convoy.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Yeah, the explorer tag is probably a bit misleading. This is really an Intrepid style ship. It's not going deep into space solo. It's mostly for in empire patrol work. For actual exploring it'll be teaming up with the Malaks. I'll get into it a bit more in an IC post. I'm just sort of spamming the IC thread at the moment and wanted to wait for a lull to make an announcement about a couple of ship classes.

The hammerhead is going to be a ship eventually. Right now I'm trying to evolve the design lineage so the Darhals are based off that first ship I posted. I'll eventually morph them away from the pure Galor aesthetic to something else.