Celestial Class

Showcase your own starship and weapon designs or other creative artwork
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Celestial Class

Post by DarkOmen »

Eh... it's time for everyone's favorite, the Enterprise J. Since only the dorsal view canonically exists, i had to reinvent the side and front on my own. And, since this is such a far jump into the future, coming up with the tech was the hard part. Meh... let me know what you think.

EDIT: heres a kind of "In the Making" pic, so you can get an idea of what it looks like when i am drawing it.

Last edited by DarkOmen on Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

VERY nice!
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Interesting. When do we get the rundown of all this whacky "new" technology?
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I still hate this ship. Not you darkomen or your design just the E-J its self. So so so so ugly!
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

The shape of the saucer seems to contradict the streamlining trend of ST ships. The saucer is very wide, wouldn't that effect the warp bubble shape too much?
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I for one appreciate the fact that you took some of the uncertainty from the canon view we had to make it slightly less pizza-cutter-ish.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

GrahamKennedy wrote:VERY nice!
Thank you!!
Bryan Moore wrote:Interesting. When do we get the rundown of all this whacky "new" technology?
Well let's see, i was pretty much just making up names, but i'll do my best...

Antipolaron beam: A very rare subatomic particle, that only the federation has been able to produce in quantities. There is no effective defense in existance.

Quantum Singularity Torpedo: Torpedo with a gravametric spatial warhead. Upon reaching a preset proximity of target, the warhead generates a gravametric distortion, and creates a quantum singularity. The intense gravity tears the targets hull apart. The singularity evaporates after approximately 3 seconds.

Biphaisic Pulse Cannon: A cannon similar in style to the pulse phaser cannons of old, pulses rather than a beam. They force a small impact area to go into two phases of destructive interference.

Chronophaisic shielding: Upon impact, these shields spread damage out over not only the physical area of the shield but across time, and across several phases, significantly reducing the load on the shield.

Yterium: Modern crystalline metal developed by Starfleet Quantum Mechanics department. Element no. 174.

Tribaltic armor: increcibly dense Boson condensate, and incredibly resilient to change in state, a single cm of the armor will dissapate the energy of an attack across the entire hull.

Polaric bond Enhancer: Essential a Ultra Ultra Ultra SIF, that works on a much much finer level, increasing the bond between the subatomic particles that make up atoms.

Chronographic Projector: Has to be used with known spatial and temporal coordinates (I.E. you cant go places you havent gone before with normal modes of travel). Uses a chronographic displacer to project the ship to a series of spatial coordinates, in 0.001 seconds.

Quantum Drive: Run of the mill quantum slip stream drive, to allow the ship to go into areas not yet explored. QV stands for Quantum Velocity, QV 1 is equal to warp 9.9999 and QV 5 is 9.99999 and QV 10 again the fastest you can travel

i guess that does it.... someone pick it apart and tell me what i did wrong.
Deepcrush wrote:I still hate this ship. Not you darkomen or your design just the E-J its self. So so so so ugly!
Eh... i know its not everyones favorite, but hey... it's cool.
Jim wrote:The shape of the saucer seems to contradict the streamlining trend of ST ships. The saucer is very wide, wouldn't that effect the warp bubble shape too much?
Well, this is the year 2553 and it does use a different propulsion system.

But blame the creators for any inconsitancies lol :P
Mikey wrote:I for one appreciate the fact that you took some of the uncertainty from the canon view we had to make it slightly less pizza-cutter-ish.
THank you... unfortunatley, i think i may be wrong... i really think what the creators were going for was a massive ship, probably 1500+ m and only 3 or 4 decks tall on the saucer... in the pic in the Ships of the Line calender, the saucer really looks paper thin.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

DarkOmen wrote:
Quantum Drive: Run of the mill quantum slip stream drive, to allow the ship to go into areas not yet explored. QV stands for Quantum Velocity, QV 1 is equal to warp 9.9999 and QV 5 is 9.99999 and QV 10 again the fastest you can travel
I love the design, but being the sucker for perfection that I am, I'm not quite sure that I understand your workings...

Wouldn't it be something more along the lines of
QV 1 = Warp 9.9
QV 2 = Warp 9.99
QV 3 = Warp 9.999
QV 4 = Warp 9.9999
QV 5 = Warp 9.99999
QV 6 = Warp 9.999999
QV 7 = Warp 9.9999999
QV 8 = Warp 9.99999999
QV 9 = Warp 9.999999999
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

yeah.. i guess that would make more sense... i was really just trying to get rid of all the silly decimals.
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

Hmm, the saucer being paper thin might suggest that the inside is larger than the outside. it was already in use with certain time travelling objects, so why not with this one? The Federation has had ample oppurtunity to study it.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

They may just not need the same amount of space, better systems tend to be smaller systems.
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

Do they always use QV or do they sometimes relax things and go at a leisurely speed of warp?
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I would say QV since warp is harmful to the STC.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

shran wrote:Do they always use QV or do they sometimes relax things and go at a leisurely speed of warp?
They could probably go at QV 0.1 which is warp 9 or something... But I hardly see the point - it doesn't require substantially more energy (if any).

At it's cruise velocity of QV 5.95 (if we take it as QV 6), it can nearly 2 million light years in just one day - that's to the Andromeda galaxy in 24 hours!
At it's maximum speed of QV 7, for 12 hours, it could travel 0.5 billion light years.
Pretty damned fast :wink:
Stats for that would probably be pretty much infinite!
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Is that a yes or no? :?