Celestial Class

Showcase your own starship and weapon designs or other creative artwork
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Deepcrush wrote:Is that a yes or no? :?
Warp's harm to space-time was completely negated by 2372 - the Sovereign overcame this (as did the Intrepid, but only thanks to those movable nacelles).
So warp doesn't harm space-time. But why would you ever want to travel slower to a destination? It makes no sense.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Ok then so thats a yes! Good to know.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

i guess they could go a fraction of QV 1 for a warp 8 or something. but like thorin said, whats the point?

It seems so bizzarely fast and unpractical, but i guess visting other galaxies would be the next step in exploration at some point....

Maybe i can think of some in universe reason to have only a few ships be equipped with the quantum drive... maybe rare, unreplicatable material or something....
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

DarkOmen wrote:i guess they could go a fraction of QV 1 for a warp 8 or something. but like thorin said, whats the point?

It seems so bizzarely fast and unpractical, but i guess visting other galaxies would be the next step in exploration at some point....

Maybe i can think of some in universe reason to have only a few ships be equipped with the quantum drive... maybe rare, unreplicatable material or something....
The quantum drive isn't rare though, even Voyager could fit it. I don't see why it needs to be rare - it seems reasonable that the next step is visiting other galaxies. Then other universes (imagine species 8472 against this beast of a ship)... And I fail to see how it's unpractical! Hell, it's the most practical thing there is!
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

I guess, it does seem logical, thats why i made it. But it just seems so freaking outrageous lol.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Okay, I still hate the look of that ship. But it's some impressive work. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Shran wrote:Hmm, the saucer being paper thin might suggest that the inside is larger than the outside. it was already in use with certain time travelling objects, so why not with this one? The Federation has had ample oppurtunity to study it.
Hmmm... the new Federation Tardis-class?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

Rochey wrote:Okay, I still hate the look of that ship. But it's some impressive work. :)
lol... thanks...? i think :P
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I was going to say that while I dont like the look of the ships its self but your design of it is impressive I notice Rochey said that so I am going to have to go in a different direction.

OMG ITZ UBERZ KAWL!!1!!11!one!
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

z0mgzorz!!! roflz THNX!111!!!onetwo!!
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Hmmm... the new Federation Tardis-class?
Eventually the whole of Starfleet is nothing but flying phone-booths (and port-a-johns)...
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Eventually the whole of Starfleet is nothing but flying phone-booths (and port-a-johns)...
Beats the current model - flying luxury hotels and pubs...
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Jordanis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jordanis »

Mikey wrote:
Tsukiyumi wrote:Eventually the whole of Starfleet is nothing but flying phone-booths (and port-a-johns)...
Beats the current model - flying luxury hotels and pubs...
Could always go with a flying bistro.

That said, the light patches on this thing have always looked weird to me. It really looks like someone originally just slapped a texture on without taking any time to scale or tile it properly.
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

Speaking 100% canonically, these are the only two images that show the outer hull of the Enteprise J in any way.

so you can see, my design has very little official influence.
Jordanis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jordanis »

DarkOmen wrote:Speaking 100% canonically, these are the only two images that show the outer hull of the Enteprise J in any way.

so you can see, my design has very little official influence.
Yes. There's also that 'Ships of the Line' calendar image, which continues the theme of strange windows.