The Staplic Star Trek Universe

Showcase your own starship and weapon designs or other creative artwork
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: The Staplic Star Trek Universe

Post by Lt. Staplic »

note. Adaptoid Class has been modified on page one.

Harzhar Class
900m x 450m x 150m
30 decks: 2840 crew - 420 officers 2420 enlisted

5x Tetryon Beam Turrets
2x Isokenetic Cannons (Fore)
6x Chroniton Topedo Tubes (4 Fore, 2 Aft)

Temporal resistant Shielding: 4.5 million TJ
Hirogen Armor: 20cm
High Power SIF

Warp Cruise: 7 (TNG)
Max Warp: 9.8975 (TNG)

Beam: 1700
Torpedo: 6000
Wepons Range: 1800
Shields: 1666.667
Hull: 2580
Warp: 1582.849
Maneuverability: 900
Overall: 2922.693

DU Harzhar Class
The Harzhar Project was pushed around the Union starting in 2387 with the addition of the last system to the Union. They were beginning to attract attention from the Borg, and this caused many of the species in the Union, who had previously suffered at the hands of the Borg to construct a stronger class of ship to defend them.
The Harzhar Class was approved in 2389 as the chief battleship of the Deltic Union capable of fighting the Borg. It was equipped with the maximum available firepower at the time. The Ship was produced in the highest available numbers. By 2391 fifty ships had been produced.
In 2394, a stay Borg sphere wandered into a Union system where a Harzhar ship was waiting. The ship was designed to prey on individual vessels, by cutting off their communication with the hive mind. The sphere proved to be no match for the Harzhar class, in battle and was quickly destroyed.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Andoria Class Outpost
radius: 504 meters
height: 952 meters
211 decks: 5600 crew - 800 officers 4800 enlisted

5x Type XII Phasers
21x Rapid Fire Phaser Pulse Cannons
4x Phase Lance
20x Rapid Fire A-Class Torpedoes
8x Type 4 Burst Fire D-Class Torpedoes

Shields: 7.5 million TJ
25cm Ablative Armor
High Power SIF

Impulse only

16x Docking Struts (Medium sized ships)
5x Docking Pylons (Large sized ships)
4x Dock Bays (small sized ships)
2x SF Use Bays
1x Public Use Bay
1x Private Use Bay (Station's fighter complament)

Beam: 12650
Torpedoes: 58800
Wepon Range: 1500
Shields: 2777.778
Hull: 4150
Warp: .065
Maneuverability: 5
Overall: 20522.922

Andoria Class Deep Space Outpost
Tensions were growing by 2397, and the Federation felt a need for a new multi-purpose Starbase/Deep Space Outpost. The project was given to Admiral Paris (Jr.) to develop. Paris called together several of the Federation's top designers, including a member of the Churchill design team. Paris set forth objectives that ordinarily would have contradicted, confused and confounded other designers. He wanted a Starbase able to dock with about a hundred ships, yet keeping a compact design, he wanted it to be able to used by both Starfleet and the local traders, but he wanted it heavily armed in case of hostile attack.
Several designs were put forth by the team ranging from outfitting old Starbases, to a Federationized Deep Space Nine. Paris literally burned most of the designs. The ones he didn't he returned to the designers with notes and fixtures on each about modifications or additions. A second round of designs again displeased Paris who only returned three of them with certain parts circled, and the instructions to find a way to put the circled parts onto one station.
In 2399, just before the turn of the century, Paris approved the final design as both the project leader and head of Starfleet Class Production. The design team was taken to the new Starbase production facility near Alpha Centauri, where they were to work with the engineers there to produce the vessel. Several technological complications arose with the initial production, setting back the completion date much to the dislike of Admiral Paris and his superiors.
In 2401, the first Andoria Class Station was taken out of the system under tow bound for a turbulent area where the Federation, Gorn, and Klingon's were involved in a fragile peace. Since then several Andoria Classes have been produced and have served as the preferred station for perimeter defense and deep-space outposts.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The Andoria class reminds me a lot of the Shield Ships from SW.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

How ecxactly do you envision Paris working his way up to admiral from an ensign?
Abraxas
Senior chief petty officer
Senior chief petty officer

Post by Abraxas »

shran wrote:How ecxactly do you envision Paris working his way up to admiral from an ensign?
Well, Paris was actually a leitenant if memory serves me right. But regardless, I'm sure by the time Voyager reaches the Alpha quadrant, everyone on that ship deserved a couple increases in rank. They faced problems Alpha boys wouldn't have to worry about, including the Borg and Species 8472.

I don't think it's shocking to see Paris become an admiral like his father.
"We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave..."
- Hunter S. Thompson
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

Uhm, the general consensus on here is that vOY crews lacked most competence in all of starfleet. i believe people would be promoted primarily on their competence, not their experience.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

well, I'm thinking rear-admiral at this time, I just didn't put it in. (I call them all admiral).

When VOY returned Tom was a Lieutenant, so considering that every one gets a promotion of varing degrees (Janeway went from Captain to Admiral) Paris could be elevated to Commandeer, and from there quickly move up to Rear Admiral.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Palmer Class
540m x 320m x 90m
20 decks: 760 crew - 120 officers 640 enlisted

2x Type X Phasers
3x Rapid Fire Phaser Pulse Cannons
2x Pulse Fire Teslic Torpedoes (Fore)

Shields: 2.5 million TJ
10 cm Traditional Armour
High Power SIF

Warp Cruise: 18
Max Warp: 21

Beam: 1100
Torpedo: 1350
Wepons Range: 600
Shields: 925.926
Hull: 1050
Warp: 4835.582
Maneuverability: 5000
Overall: 1339.113

Palmer Class
In 2407, the Daystrom Project was well underway. It was at this point that Starfleet Medical and the Sciences department began festering for an additional class of their own. Many of the medical and sciences ships were decommissioned before the Dominion War, and the classes lost their priority afterwards. This left the duties of these ship classes up to the exploration vessels which caused a lacking of ability in both these and the mission life of the explorers.

By 2409, Starfleet had appropriated enough recourses to develop a new science/medical class ship. Starfleet created and turned over the project to the officers in charge of the two departments to design a suitable starship. It took several months to agree on a final layout encompassing state of the art sensor and scientific technology, as well as large medical bays and medical labs.

In 2410, the designs were sent to Utopia Planatia for production to begin on the USS Palmer. Projected design times were set at eight months; however an outbreak of Xyrelliaprotococcus forced the engineers to increase production time so the ship could help. It was finished in just under six months and made a large contribution to the medical effort.

The Class remains in production, and has become invaluable to Starfleet's Medical and Scientific Departments.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Uhm, the general consensus on here is that vOY crews lacked most competence in all of starfleet. i believe people would be promoted primarily on their competence, not their experience
The fact that Janeway became an admiral blows this point of view out of the water. :wink:

That said, Paris was one of the few people on the ship with any hint of common sense.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

probably why he was in trouble so much.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I like the Palmer, BTW.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

thanks.

bonus points to anyone who knows the lineage for the Palmer's Class name.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Is it Trek related? :?

What, I don't get a ship. :P
They were very funny. Loved the Blackstar one.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I'm a three-star admiral, and I didn't get one either. It's OK, I got killed early and messily in Teaos' story.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I didn't get killed yet... I think.

BTW, Staplic, I really like the Palmer (though I personally don't like the three nacelles, but no big).
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.