The Staplic Star Trek Universe

Showcase your own starship and weapon designs or other creative artwork
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: The Staplic Star Trek Universe

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Mikey wrote:Ummm, hi. Isn't the Order no longer in existence?
you can scrap the program through diplomacy, but not the idea or mission behind it.

enen if the order absolved for 10 years there'd still be spies out there gathering information and feeding it to the government.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

So you mean the "obsidian order," but not the actual Obsidian Order.

Got it. :)

But, how would they have the resources necessary for development?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

well the conquest of Breen, and theoreticly one could recycle parts off all the Keldons and Galors that had to be decomissioned.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Huh? When will the conquest of the Breen happen?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

it's post Dominon War, stated in the paragraph on the Merzhorn. The CU took advantage of the similar weakness of Breen and conquered it, adding it and it's avalable recorces into the CU. Can't wait to show you guys my next alliance. :)
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

So your shaping the galaxy as well, huh junior? :mrgreen:
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

well, Politics are as fun to shape and harden into deadly wepons as metal and energy :mrgreen:

anyway:

Nahaadra Class
140m x 130m x 30m
8 decks: 70 crew - 10 Officers 60 Enlisted

4x Spiral Wave Disruptors
2x Type 2 Burst Fire Tunnelling Torpedoes (Fore)
1x Standard Quantom Torpedo Tube (Aft)

Shields: 1.5 million TJ
High Power SIF

Warp Cruise: 7 (TNG)
Max Warp: 9.75 (TNG)

Beam: 400
Torpedoes: 856
Wepon Range: 450
Shields: 555.556
Hull: 940
Warp: 1120.727
Maneuverability: 3200
Overall: 658.25

CU Nahaadra Class
After the introduction of the Merzhorn class the Cardassian Fleet still remained weak. While it had a new strong ship, its numbers were still depleted. It had only about a hundred Hideki Class ships, less than twenty Galor's, and only five Merzhorn's. The Cardassian recourses were still low even after the conquest of Breen, and the government began looking for a way to increase their fleet numbers with something more powerful than the Hideki scout. The Nahaadra Class was approved as a small Medium cruiser. It was projected that about a hundred of these ships could be built in two years using recycled parts from decommissioned Galors and Keldons. After that, production would slow as new recourses would be needed.
The first Nahaadra was built in 2397, the same year the Merzhorn Class became public knowledge, and the ship sparked another fanfare of potential war with the Cardassians. In 2398 however fortune smiled on the Cardassians for once. Bajor, the long standing strategic planet between the Federation and Cardassians, decided to sign a treaty proposed by the post-war Cardassian government and join with the planet into the Bajoran-Cardassian Union (BCU). The material supply and production power that Bajor had access to was large enough to produce several more Merzhorn and almost fifty Nahaadra's in a single year.
By 2400 the standing BCU fleet was significantly larger holding the same numbers of Hideki, and Galors, but with almost fifty Merzhorn's and over two hundred Nahaadra's, with many more of both on their way. Estimations put the Cardassian fleet at the minimum 2,000 ship fleet by the year 2410.
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

'Imperial Cardassian Star Destroyer'. Sounds good for an alternative name. :P
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

:lol:
I didn't even catch the resemblance when designing it, but now that I look at it.

Though it is significantly smaller.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Aye, very Imperial-esque.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

yes yes, can we get over the ST resemblance. The whole CU ship idea is based of triangles too.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Staplic, I'm curious as to how your creativity works. Do you just come up with these new designs, or do you sit down with pen and paper and think about them?
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

well, to answer that you'd have to ask about a sepecific design. My earlier designs were just pen to paper trial and error trying to make something that looked cooler than the GCS (I grew up on TNG). The ones I've been recently posting are actually thought out, If you want I can scan in all the concept art I've done to make these ships.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I've edited my opening post and put in my Galactic maps for the world these ships are born into and are helping to shape according to me.

I based my maps both off GK's maps and the maps of several contributers to fantasymaps.com. I do have close ups of the Three Major A/B Quadrant powers and their surroundings if you want me to put them up. I've got my version pre-Dominion War, Post-Dominion War, and approaching 2400's.
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

Disscuss domain?
Please explain. Same with Deltic union.

How can the Kazon lay claim to any space if they are so volatile in their society? They wage war amongst each other, that would be probably more a line in which Kazon vessels are found, rather than actual space claimed?

The Voth were nomadic species, right? They travelled in city shis, we never saw any evidence fo them settling on planets.

Adaptoid class still puzzles me. What if the desired shape is smaller than the basic volume of the ship? Would crewmembers get squeezed?