Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: The Staplic Star Trek Universe

Post by Lt. Staplic »

shran wrote:Disscuss domain?
Please explain. Same with Deltic union.
those I will explain as I create ships for them. For now I'll say the the DU is inspired by Voyager's trip through the Delta Quadrant.

The Discuss are a new space fairing species the Fed's will encounter in the 2400's as are the Jacorn Confederation.
shran wrote:How can the Kazon lay claim to any space if they are so volatile in their society? They wage war amongst each other, that would be probably more a line in which Kazon vessels are found, rather than actual space claimed?
again more explanation will become clear later, but The Kazon Nistrums have become the Kazon Imperium, and have began createing an empire of their own.
shran wrote:The Voth were nomadic species, right? They travelled in city shis, we never saw any evidence fo them settling on planets.
I wasn't aware of this, several fan maps I looked at had them plotted with their own space, so either way I'm not exactly sure.
shran wrote:Adaptoid class still puzzles me. What if the desired shape is smaller than the basic volume of the ship? Would crewmembers get squeezed?
I was waiting for that, It's still got some kinks to work out, and I'm planning on an actual re-design of the ship to make it smaller than almost every other ship, but as of now, we're under the assumption that much of the space in the ship is simply cargo space filled with material the replicators can use to change she ship, so if the ship must become smaller it can use or dump the cargo as needed.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Lt. Staplic wrote:again more explanation will become clear later, but The Kazon Nistrums have become the Kazon Imperium, and have began createing an empire of their own.
That lot don't have the brainpower to conceive of doors on their brigs - how exactly are they going to build an empire?
I wasn't aware of this, several fan maps I looked at had them plotted with their own space, so either way I'm not exactly sure.
We don't have enough information on the Voth to be certain one way or the other, but the fact that they use city ships does not preclude their laying claim to a given area of space, nor their possession of planetary colonies in addition to the ships.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Lt. Staplic wrote:again more explanation will become clear later, but The Kazon Nistrums have become the Kazon Imperium, and have began createing an empire of their own.
That lot don't have the brainpower to conceive of doors on their brigs - how exactly are they going to build an empire?
Seska? At least she had a decent amount of cunning, enough to take away Voyager. Along with several bits of knowledge gathered from Bajoran, Federation, Cardassian ans Maquis, she is a source of wisdom for the kazon. Not that it says a lot about Seska's intelligence though.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

shran wrote:Seska? At least she had a decent amount of cunning, enough to take away Voyager. Along with several bits of knowledge gathered from Bajoran, Federation, Cardassian ans Maquis, she is a source of wisdom for the kazon. Not that it says a lot about Seska's intelligence though.
She's also dead. Unless she happens to be a Jedi (which I somewhat doubt) she's not going to be providing any more advice.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

no not seska directly, but her knowledge and tactics that she shedded on the Kazon would have been the bigginnigs of the Empire.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

IIRC, the leaders of the Kazon group she allied with were killed.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

To the Deltic Union.

The Deltic Union was orrigionally founded as an alliance between the Hirogen, and Krenim. The Hirogen were still relentlessly attempting to perfect the holographic technology they had aqired from Voyager to satisfy their need for the hunt, as well as unify their species again. The Krenim were technologicly supirior to the Hirogen, but were ofted involved in territorial disputes with their neighboring sytems. They proposed a trade, the Hirogen would defend the Krenim while the Krenim perfected their technology. Slowly more and more races that had had contact with the crew of Voyager were recruited to the alliance.

After the hologram technology was perfected the alliance stayed together still trading their various arts. Eventually diplomacy emerged between the species and they decided to model their new alliance after the orgonization of Voyager which had united them, and they formed the Deltic Union in 2384. From here on they continued adding new systems either at the will of the system or in some cases by conquest.

Their first ship:

Petrok Class
250m x 150m x 75m
15 decks: 175 crew

3x Tetryon Beam Turrets
2x Chroniton Torpedo Tubes (Fore)

Conventinal/Temporal shielding: 2.5 million TJ
15 cm Hirogen Armor
High Power SIF

Warp Cruise: 8 (TNG)
Max Warp: 9.9 (TNG)

Beam: 1400
Torpedo: 2000
Wepon Range: 100
Shields: 925.926
Hull: 1340
Warp: 1600.617
Maneuverability: 3000
Ovrall: 1435.816

DU Patrok Class
The Deltic Union was very fragile in it's early years. They used the individual craft from each of the joining factions. The first meeting of their space program established the general flow of command, and approved the Patrok Class as the first Deltic Union Vessel. It was to be a small patrol ship, capable of moving about the Union tending to various affairs of diplomacy and being able to engage any enemy forces or domestic uprisings.

The Patrok Class was put on standby however when the government decided they wanted a centralized ship building facility, similar to Starfleet's Utopia Planatia. In 2378, the first shipyard was completed and the Patrok Class went into production. Several accidents, and malfunctions set back the project another two years while the problems with both the shipyard and the ship's construction. In 2380 the three more shipyards opened, and the Patrok class was sent into production again. After 20 earth months, the first Patrok Class flew out of the shipyards and into history, officially the first Union Vessel.

The Patrok Class still remains as a dominant figure in the Union's fleet even after the introduction of a heavier attack ship. Slowly these new ship classes will phase out the founders individual classes, but until then the Deltic Union will keep them in service.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Captain Seafort wrote:
shran wrote:Seska? At least she had a decent amount of cunning, enough to take away Voyager. Along with several bits of knowledge gathered from Bajoran, Federation, Cardassian ans Maquis, she is a source of wisdom for the kazon. Not that it says a lot about Seska's intelligence though.
She's also dead. Unless she happens to be a Jedi (which I somewhat doubt) she's not going to be providing any more advice.
Unless it's as a hologram again.
Rochey wrote:IIRC, the leaders of the Kazon group she allied with were killed.
Didn't the Taj pick up the baby and flee at the last minute?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
bob
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by bob »

Lt. Staplic wrote:yes yes, can we get over the ST resemblance. The whole CU ship idea is based of triangles too.
don't you mean the sw resemblence
Anonymous lol
"Quantum" it'll make ya do things unexpectedly
Don't read this. Believe me, it's better for your health.
There! :p
hahahahahaha!
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

yes :doh:
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Rochey wrote:IIRC, the leaders of the Kazon group she allied with were killed.
And too brain-dead to impart her knowledge to, anyway, methinks.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Aye. Intelectual giants they are not.
Didn't the Taj pick up the baby and flee at the last minute?
You might be right. I try not to watch VOY anymore.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

if i'm honest, i'm not keen on the Cardassian designs being SO close to Imperial SW ships. most cardassian ships involved some form of tail trailing off the stern to mount the impulse engines, with the warp engines in the port abnd starboard "planes". This seems to lack fundamental cardassian design features to me.
bob
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by bob »

yeah
Anonymous lol
"Quantum" it'll make ya do things unexpectedly
Don't read this. Believe me, it's better for your health.
There! :p
hahahahahaha!
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Reliant121 wrote:This seems to lack fundamental cardassian design features to me.
well, technically it's not just a cardassian design 8)
but I understand what your saying, I'll edit the post and design to reduce the SW (happy now bob?) similarity.

Though honestly i really didn't catch the resemblance before it was brought up on here.