Showcase your own starship and weapon designs or other creative artwork
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: The Staplic Star Trek Universe

Post by Lt. Staplic »

no the palmer's name isn't Trek related,

sorry to all who didn't get a ship, but i only did people that I could think of some personality quark to use.

I'll see if I can come up with something.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

nice :lol:

to all who care but couldn't guess, the first chiropractor, and founder of the first chiropractic college was Palmer.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Lt. Staplic wrote:nice :lol:

to all who care but couldn't guess, the first chiropractor, and founder of the first chiropractic college was Palmer.
I should've known that. I thought it was a reference to Robert Palmer, though I guess you're a bit too young to know who that is. :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Thread temporarily locked while undergoing maintanence. Should only take a few minutes.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

And we're back. All material on the DITL fleet split to a seperate thread.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
Lt. Staplic wrote:nice :lol:

I should've known that. I thought it was a reference to Robert Palmer, though I guess you're a bit too young to know who that is. :lol:
Some like it hot, eh? :wink:
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Might as well face it.................your addicted to love.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

now introducing the Jacorn Confederation:

Eim Class
360m x 90m x 67.5m
17 decks: 200 crew - 40 officers 160 enlisted

3x Type Lu Oly-euron
2x Type Sha Oly-euron
7x Graviton Torpedo Tubes

Shields: 1.2 million TJ
Armor: 8cm Traditional
Standard SIF

Warp Cruise: 11
Max Warp: 13.2

Beam: 214
Torpedo: 875
Wepon Range: 500
Shields: 444.444
Hull: 830
Warp: 1200.916
Maneuverability: 1200
Overall: 588.893

Eim Class
The Federation first encountered the Jacorn Confederation through the meeting of the USS Andoria and a Jacon Eim Class vessel in 2392. The subsequent destruction of the Jacorn vessel ignited a two week war between the two powers. During this war, the Federation learned the Eim was considered a Battle Cruiser, and was armed with some kind of new beam wepons, different than phasers or disruptors, and a new torpedo, the graviton torpedo. Both wepons systems were however overall much less effective and weaker than the Federations wepons. After the war, the Federation and Jacorn negotiators traded some cultural and technological information revealing the nature of the new Jacorn wepons.

Sharla Class
775m x 300m x 150m
37 decks: 1700 crew - 250 officers 1450 enlisted

6x Type Lu Oly-euron
4x Type Sha Oly-euron
12x Graviton Torpedo Tubes

Shields: 2.1 million TJ
Armor: 20cm Traditional
Standard SIF

Warp Cruise: 8
Max Warp: 12

Beam: 428
Torpedo: 1500
Wepons Range: 1250
Shields: 777.778
Hull: 2030
Warp: 902.266
Maneuverability: 1000
Overall: 1024.076

Sharla Class
A Jacorn Battleship, this vessel was encountered during the war with the Confederacy. Significantly larger than the Eim Class Battle Cruiser and much more heavily armed, the class was still no match for the Federations war-ships. The Sharla is armed with the same Oly-euron beams, as they are called, as the Eim and with Graviton torpedoes. Little else is known about this ship.

info on Jacorn Wepons:
Oly-euron Beam Wepons: used charged zetrion (yes this is a new particle) particals to emit the beam. effects last 2.1 seconds always. The Jacorn have developed a way to put the wepon into an array, and by running the array it is possable to create Oly-euron bursts longer than 2.1 seconds.four types are currently in use:
Type Zo: 100TW
Type Ki: 500TW
Type Sha: 850TW
Type Lu: 3000TW

Graviton Torpedo: The torpedo uses graviton wave disruption to cause distortions in space-time around the enemy. Effects are most pronounced at warp where the fluxuations can cause the warp bubble to collapse destroying the ship. at subwarp speeds these fluxuations still cause decient damage to the ship rated at 21 Isotons. the gravitational distortions can also cause shield emmitters to overload taking down shields and leaving the ship exposed for Oly-euron wepons.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Are these jacorn descended from aquatic species? I ask because these ships remind me of a cuttlefish and a shark, respectively.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

:D I was wondering if anyone was going to pick up on that...yes they are.

I actually aimed the Eim class off an eel-like thing but I can see the cuttlefish idea with it.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Could we have some form of explanation on the mechanics of the weaponry?
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Reliant121 wrote:Could we have some form of explanation on the mechanics of the weaponry?
Well, he said (magic particle X) creates some sort of damaging effect for 2.1 seconds, with arrays being able to sustain the reaction longer. I get the impression that it's an exotic reaction, but one that they haven't really mastered, as it's weaker than the phaser's (magic nadion reaction) effect.

As for the graviton torpedoes (which the Borg use), they should be self-explanatory. :wink:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

oh yeah...duh :P
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

It's probably different than the borg's graviton torpedo...It might not be though, I don't know anything about the Borg version.

Reliant what kind of explanation were you wanting?
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

well we know (sort of how a phaser works). Just a basic talk on particles involved and what you do with them. Are they magnetically controlled, are the focused through anything, are they shunted through crystals (like phasers)