Just curious.How did Starbase Yorktown receive 2,000+ votes?

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
Black Jesus
Ensign
Ensign

Just curious.How did Starbase Yorktown receive 2,000+ votes?

Post by Black Jesus »

The recent poll about Starbase Yorktown, it got over 2,000 votes. I like your site and all that jazz but you've never had that many folks here voting. Is it akin to the Trump effect? Yorktown somehow speaks to something that's long simmering and then explodes and brings out Daystrom voters who haven't voted since Spock's first death? Are these the same people who want to build a tachyon detection grid on the border with the Tholian Assembly, but they don't understand how much mutual trade goes on between the UFP and the Assembly? Sure it's Tholian goods but it's made with Federation ingenuity. Did Starbase Yorktown win the popular vote after all if you deduct the illegal votes cast by Gorn who are here illegally? (Some of my best friends are Gorn, but they breed like Tribbles.) Is there any indication of Romulan interference with the vote for Yorktown? We all respect the voting apparatus you have here as long as it it's the result we want, so what gives?
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Just curious.How did Starbase Yorktown receive 2,000+ vo

Post by Graham Kennedy »

We've been having people trying some sort of hack on the polls lately for some weird reason. We got a couple of hundred votes in one day, which we deleted. We'll delete these too.

Same thing's been going on with the caption contest.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Make DITL great again. Build that Galactic barrier!
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

And we're making the Klingons pay for it!
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...