Non Canon Ships and events

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Non Canon Ships and events

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Well, we've been working out the kinks and adding sample material for the last few days...

Luna Class

Dax Bio

Picard Bio

Also see the new book entries in the Reviews section.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

GrahamKennedy wrote:Well, we've been working out the kinks and adding sample material for the last few days...

Luna Class

Dax Bio

Picard Bio

Also see the new book entries in the Reviews section.
Very nice indeed. Can you do specs on the new Deep Space Nine? I would like to see specs on that. :D
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

A new DS9 will be a while coming. For now we're concentrating on the Titan and Destiny series. As discussed upthread, there's just too many books to try and include everything.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

GrahamKennedy wrote:A new DS9 will be a while coming. For now we're concentrating on the Titan and Destiny series. As discussed upthread, there's just too many books to try and include everything.
I'll also suggest, once that is done of course, moving on to the Typhon Pact and The Fall novels. ... If only to see peoples reactions to the bombshells produced in some of them. :happydevil:
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Dont forget Pluto! Poor planet.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

McAvoy wrote:Dont forget Pluto! Poor planet.
Pffffft, Pluto isn't a planet, heretic!
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Bah!

There isn't even a Pluto anymore either in Trek too.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

McAvoy wrote:Bah!

Maybe that's why Pluto was consumed, to end the debate once and for all.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

Hey that's nice! But I am surprised. The Luna class phasers are so weak in books? An "old" New Orleans frigate, the Voyager and the Stargazer all appears to have better phaser output.
If you want to ask me, this avatar is a resized version of "The War Come Home" by Davemetlesits found on DeviantArt
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

According to the model there are only five phaser arrays. As compared to 13 on the Intrepid class. And the Luna class notes say it's much less optimised for combat and more for science than most ships. Hence the low phaser score. Though it's partially offset by the use of quantum torpedoes.
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

Agreed for Intrepid vs Luna but the New Orleans has more firepower with 4 phasers. a lot more. And the same type VIII.
If you want to ask me, this avatar is a resized version of "The War Come Home" by Davemetlesits found on DeviantArt
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I dont think the modernity of phasers matter much, its the size of the Warp Core that matters.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

Yeah but do we know New Orleans warpcore size?

we just know a New Orleans is smaller. In fact the small Luna is closer to a Nebula than a New Orleans in size (but a lot smaller despite of being longer)

ImageImage
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote:
McAvoy wrote:Bah!

Maybe that's why Pluto was consumed, to end the debate once and for all.
God I honestly hated that bit...

And... okay. This isn't going too badly at all. :)
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

DarkMoineau wrote:Hey that's nice! But I am surprised. The Luna class phasers are so weak in books? An "old" New Orleans frigate, the Voyager and the Stargazer all appears to have better phaser output.

The "100" for Beam Firepower caught my eye as well... but just as a surprise, not something that I agree or disagree with. While I would expect more due to experiences in fighting the Dominion and Borg, it makes sense to have less due to the mission statement of the class. Also, as mentioned, the torp power is quite high so it is not like it is lacking all fight ability.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...