Non Canon Ships and events

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Non Canon Ships and events

Post by DarkMoineau »

you have all the informations to do it :)
If you want to ask me, this avatar is a resized version of "The War Come Home" by Davemetlesits found on DeviantArt
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

DarkMoineau wrote:I have already thought about it! ^^

As a Star Cruiser being a new class equivalent of the battleships of other navies, and using everything I have found for that ship of 2409, I have thought it could be superior to a Dominion Dreadnought or a Scimitar created 30 years before him.
The Odyssey seems to be 1062 meters long, 371 meters width and 148 meters high and maybe his weight could be 8,5 millions metric tons.

The ship is said to be able to go at Warp 9.996 and I have seen also a 9.998, based on the TNG scale, it gave us 11690c and 16694.5c.

But it's a level 50 ship and at this level it is possible to travel at transwarp speed (Quantum Slipstream) of at least a warp 25 factor, and the maximal speed in the game is warp 67.56. Based on the Cochrane scale, it gave us 15625c and 308367.5c.

The ship doesn't seem to be more agile than a Galaxy but it doesn't mean he should be less agile than a Galaxy in the 2360's, as showed by how agile the Sovereign is compared to the Galaxy.

The ship carry 16 phasers array. I think it should be equivalent or a little similar to the old Dominion Dreadnought. It means 3 200 000 TW or an indexation of 12500.

The standard compliment is made of 4 torpedoes launcher. It would be something more sophisticated than the Burst Type 4 or Rapide Fire, being able to fire both photon and quantum torpedoes, based on 4 Rapid Fire it would gave him 10800 points.

For the accuracy I have absolutely no clue but it should be far superior to 1500. Maybe higher than 10 000 but not sure.

As a last tier ship, the Odyssey carry an huge amount of HP, higher than Defiant or Sovereign, so I have think about a heavy Duranium-Tritanium Double Hull with 25 cm of ablative armor. The shield should be somewhere 10 000 000 and 60 000 000 TJ, having the equivalent of 10 Galaxy or Sovereign would mean a shield in the range of 50/55 000 000 TJ with an aproximative score of 20 000.

With conventional warp factor using TNG scale it would give a ship in the range of a total score of 20 000 / 25 000, equivalent to the old Dreadnought. Using the Transwarp factor and the cochrane scale would gave a total score in the range of the 30 000/40 000, clearly inferior to 8472 or Borg ship but allowing a fleet of Federal Star Cruiser and Klingon Battleship (because Klingon have the perfect match for an Odyssey, like the Vor'Cha/Galaxy duo) and support ship to defend the Alpha and Beta Quadrant against them.
Graham, what do you think?
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I think the main reason we're limiting ourselves to the Destiny and Titan series for now is exactly so that I don't have to try and trawl though five hundred novels and games and online whatevers and try and explain it all! :)

I've no idea what "Star Trek Online" is and I've never heard of the Odyssey class Enterprise-F, so I'm afraid I don't know.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

Star Trek Online is the last CBS story about Star Trek. It happens in the Genverse after Spock disapearance and Romulus destruction and show a border conflict between Klingon and Federation caused by the 8472 (called Ondine), as Romulan and Reman are in a civil war between the Empire and a newly born Republic in which independant Reman factions interfer. It's a free to play game and you have no need to pay before reaching level 50 and even at that moment it is still a "you could pay if you want that ship" and not a "you should pay if you want to win", specialy with the occasional missions offereing level 50 ships (that's the way I get my own Odyssey ship).

As they were making a story in 2409, they had the feeling they needed a new Enterprise so they created one by the same way the Luna had been created years ago. And that Star Cruiser is HUGE and powerful as it was the most powerful Federation ship at his appearance, and still one of the most powerful if not the most, his only equivalent being the Bortas, a Klingon battleship. At first, I was not convinced by the design but it's like the human wine and the Federation, as Quark described it.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Odyssey_Star_Cruiser
If you want to ask me, this avatar is a resized version of "The War Come Home" by Davemetlesits found on DeviantArt
Spocky
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Spocky »

http://sto.perfectworld.com/

Unfortunatly, you need this new installer, Arc, but someone has figured out how to do it without it. (Thanks StarSwordC!)
http://tinyurl.com/mffj8ub is the link to the standalone installer. It's a great game, and it is F2P.

ARgh! Beaten by 4 minutes. Also, it is Undine, not Ondine
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

Yeah Ondine is Undine in the french translation of the game.
Spocky
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Spocky »

Ah, sorry wasn't aware of this. I play the English version.
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

No problem, you're right to show me the error, here we speak in english ^^