Strange message

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Strange message

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Just a query. I'm not actually too sure where to put this, but it hasn't actually caused a problem, just baffled me somewhat, so I thought I'd enquire.

On the "Board Index < Roleplaying < Active Roleplays" page only, it has a message at the bottom saying "You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum." It has been there for several weeks, but only on that page. It hasn't actually stopped me reading anything though, hence why I put this in here. I can still enter and read all the forums, etc.

Any ideas as to why? I've cleared all my cookies, and done pretty much everything I can think of. Is the message there for anyone else?
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Strange message

Post by Captain Seafort »

Hmm. Odd. No idea I'm afraid.

This topic is, however, better suited to DITL
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Ah, sorry I wasn't sure where to put it :) Thanks!

Oh well, if it does cause any issues I'll let someone know, doesn't seem to be.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

I get the message, always have IIRC. I simply assumed that it's something to do with the fact it contains subforums and nothing else.
Bite my shiny metal ass
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Ah, no worries then. Like I said it doesn't seem to cause any issues just baffled me. Thanks for the input guys, shall just ignore it :)
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Griffin wrote:I get the message, always have IIRC.
I don't, but we've had problems before with Mods/Admins being able to see and access stuff that everyone else should also be able to see but can't. Usually happens after software upgrades.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

I get the message too but it doesn't stop me reading or posting in the area it seems.
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

It's because the actual "Active Roleplays" Forum doesn't allow us regular users to create/read/post individual threads inside that forum. So it's locked. We can still access the Subform (whichever roleplay you go into) where we DO have access to create/read/post.

Notice in that Subforum there's no "Create a Thread" button where-as if you go into say "Art and Design" there are the subforums (Coalition and Aeriel) but also other threads that have been started in there.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.