User Colours

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.

When he gets the time, would you like Ian to add more colours? If So What Colours?

Orange
14%
Brown
7%
Purple
No votes
Dark Blue
14%
White
7%
Black
7%
Gray/Grey
7%
Other
7%
None
36%

Total votes: 14
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: User Colours

Post by stitch626 »

alexmann wrote:Im sorry but I don't want you to end up hating me as well as almost everyone else on the forum. If you want to get involved though, Feel free
Dude, calm down. No one hates you.

Seafort always argues (well, almost).

And only a few people have actually talked to you (mostly cause we are having a b=very light period right now).

As for Seaforts "attack and refution" (in this thread at least), he was making a very important point. Adding something that has no purpose other than awesome (in one person's opinion mind you) isn't a decent use of time and resources.

As for my personal opinion, I like the limited use of color as it is. More orderly (a lil OCD from me though so, grain of salt is usual).
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

Hang on a minute, Seaforts being nice now. Its the others, namely MacEvoy
ImageImage
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Yeah, took me a while to go through all the threads.

Anyway, Macs just posting counterpoints to things. Its what is done in a debate style discussion, which is generally what is done on the forums here. he's not aiming the "attacks" at you, but rather at specific parts of your arguments/posts.

If you want to see some real attacks, bring up the possibility of telepathic whales flying the E-D. :mrgreen:
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

The Xindi?

Name's McAvoy not MacEvoy. Pet peeve of mine

I haven't attacked you. I was starting to get annoyed because your method of posting is similar to texting.

Captain Seafort's post is valid. Because Ian and Graham will ask you the same question and you will need a better answer than just because it would be awesome.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

Look. I'm sorry for what i have said. If I have offended anyone then I apologise. I guess I'm just used to calmer forums.
ImageImage
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Actually this is a calm forum... half the time. But you also came in relative calm time in the forum too. Just wait until Deep is around. Just tell him that Excelsior looks like ass end of bamboo while it's taking a dump.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

Ill tell him you said that
ImageImage
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

alexmann wrote:Ill tell him you said that
:laughroll:
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

alexmann wrote:Ill tell him you said that
Oh shit...
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

We let Uzume have pink because she asked for it, and really there didn't seem any reason not to let her. We discussed whether it might be viewed as special treatment but after all, she was the only one who ever asked so it didn't seem like an issue.

As for threads like this... we've no real problem with members suggesting things that would make the forum more interesting or user friendly for them - hell, we've created half a dozen forums just because people asked for them. But bear in mind that suggestions are just that. The forum isn't a democracy.

And also bear in mind what impression you might make if you join and instantly start spouting off on how everything should be changed.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Orange... I'm thinking of going with orange at some point. It would be a good change of mood.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

#1 - I didn't know bamboo could take a dump. My knowledge of botanical excretion has just been enlarged by 100%.

#2 - Alex - now that we recently have been given leeway to swear without censorship... calm the fuck down. Yes, I know there was no good reason to swear just now, but oh well. It's done. Get off my back and stop living in the past.

*ahem* Anyway, "You disagree with me and therefore you all must hate me" is a point of deduction quite reminiscent of my six-year-old daughter, and she gets a reminder of how untrue it is when she says it. The green font in which you see my name means "moderator," not "surrogate parent figure," but I usually try to be nice the first couple of times (I said "try!") so here goes nothing. My advice, such as it is, is as follows:

stop it.

Our opinions of any one of your ideas mean absolutely nothing WRT to our opinions of you, inasmuch as any of us even HAVE an opinion of you. Want to say something in a forum? Well, you had better expect commentary if you do, because that's really sort of the whole point. You had further better expect most of that commentary to be critical or oppositional, because "I agree" is a really boring post to add and many folks won't bother.

More specifically to this point, this is Ian and Graham's forum. This is not a mutual company, not is it operated by a democracy, oligarchy, or anything of the sort. If the color of the user names and info were illegible to people with colorblindness (for example - it's not, because we have color-blind members who don't have an issue with it,) then fine - point it out, and I'd bet my left nut that Ian would change it posthaste. Asking to change the forum because it's not YOUR preference is just not cool. Asking the administrators to change the rule on vs. debates because, well, now YOU'RE here is far less cool.

Now, don't go crying in your pillow because I told you this. Or do, if you want, it won't really bother me. I've got coffee to make. But it is not in any way, shape, or form, an attack on you as a person. Rather, it is a critique of an idea that was posted here. Learn the difference, get a couple of calluses on your fingers, and you'll be alright.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Mikey, you're supposed to be in greeeeeeeeeeeen.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Deepcrush wrote:Mikey, you're supposed to be in greeeeeeeeeeeen.
Dammit, I keep forgetting.

No, that was just friendly advice. When we limber up to swing the modhammer, it's much more easily recognizable.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

COUGH (edit button) COUGH...