Main page nits

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Main page nits

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Just spotted one on the main page: under this weeks poll description, it asks which doctor you would leas like to treat you.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Lazar
Captain
Captain

Re: Main page nits

Post by Lazar »

Oh, on the caption comp, I think it should be "honor roll" instead of "honor role".
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

The main page refuses to load for me. I can get the menus, but not the content
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Sonic Glitch wrote:The main page refuses to load for me. I can get the menus, but not the content
It should be fine. It wasn't working for about 10mins and then I noticed and fixed it. I was adjusting something and introduced a slight error in the page headers. I then noticed and fixed it. If it's not working now, please force a reload, clear your cache and try again.
Thanks
Ian
email, ergo spam
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

IanKennedy wrote:
Sonic Glitch wrote:The main page refuses to load for me. I can get the menus, but not the content
It should be fine. It wasn't working for about 10mins and then I noticed and fixed it. I was adjusting something and introduced a slight error in the page headers. I then noticed and fixed it. If it's not working now, please force a reload, clear your cache and try again.
Thanks
Ian
No, thank you! I never did get back to post that after a few minutes it started working again. Thanks
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Hey guys, this weeks poll is for non reocurring guest stars. Several chacters on there ARE reoccuring guests. Sito Jax, Robin Lefler, Admiral Cartwright..........
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Mark wrote:Hey guys, this weeks poll is for non reocurring guest stars. Several chacters on there ARE reoccuring guests. Sito Jax, Robin Lefler, Admiral Cartwright..........
Sela, Sonya Gomez, Argyle...
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

I took it to be anyone who wasn't in more than 2 episodes and I didn't include everyone who had ever appeared in a single episode, just the more 'interesting' ones.
email, ergo spam
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Lol....fair enough
Mithrandir
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Mithrandir »

IanKennedy wrote:I took it to be anyone who wasn't in more than 2 episodes and I didn't include everyone who had ever appeared in a single episode, just the more 'interesting' ones.
Well, interesting approach. But why is Sela in the list? She was featured in up to 4 TNG-Episodes (if you count the two-parters seperately, which is in my opinion correct, since "Redemption" was a cliffhanger episode and thus seperated from part 2 by two months!
And didn't Denise Crosby voice the "ominous romulan in the shadow" in "The Minds Eye"?
And Admiral Cartwright had major role in two movies!

(And yes, I know that it can't be helped anyway, since the poll is already running. But I like complaining about things... :mrgreen: )
Image AEIOU: Austria erit in orbe ultima! Image
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Mithrandir wrote:
IanKennedy wrote:I took it to be anyone who wasn't in more than 2 episodes and I didn't include everyone who had ever appeared in a single episode, just the more 'interesting' ones.
Well, interesting approach. But why is Sela in the list? She was featured in up to 4 TNG-Episodes (if you count the two-parters seperately, which is in my opinion correct, since "Redemption" was a cliffhanger episode and thus seperated from part 2 by two months!
And didn't Denise Crosby voice the "ominous romulan in the shadow" in "The Minds Eye"?
And Admiral Cartwright had major role in two movies!

(And yes, I know that it can't be helped anyway, since the poll is already running. But I like complaining about things... :mrgreen: )
Because she was interesting, and I would have likes her to be a more major character.
email, ergo spam
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Hot. Don't forget hot. :happydevil:
Mithrandir
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Mithrandir »

IanKennedy wrote: Because she was interesting, and I would have likes her to be a more major character.
Yes, but my point was: Sela is a recurring character... :poke:
Image AEIOU: Austria erit in orbe ultima! Image
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Mithrandir wrote:
IanKennedy wrote: Because she was interesting, and I would have likes her to be a more major character.
Yes, but my point was: Sela is a recurring character... :poke:
Not in my view. Well according to a well known Star Trek website she was in 2 episodes, Redemption and Unification the fact that they here double episodes doesn't mean she was in more stories. Double episodes doesn't really mean she was recurring, any more than someone in a room who leaves and returns to the same room is a recurring person.
email, ergo spam
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

She also turned up prior to both those episodes in "The Mind's Eye" (albeit only in the shadows).
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.