Main page nits

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Main page nits

Post by McAvoy »

I a still having an issue with the front page and the frames on my cell phone. It does it with all of my Android phones. The frames shrink when I zoom in.

And no I don't use to mobile site.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

McAvoy wrote:I a still having an issue with the front page and the frames on my cell phone. It does it with all of my Android phones. The frames shrink when I zoom in.

And no I don't use to mobile site.
There are no frames on the site anymore. There haven't been for several years. Are you able to post a picture of what you are seeing.
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Maybe not frames but the bar on top shrinks.

I will try figure out how to make a screen shot on my phone.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

See how small the buttons are? Turning the screen helps somewhat.

When I zoom in it looks like that. However when I try to scroll to the right it doesn't stay it bounces back to the left or doesn't even move. The lower... frame does allow for moving around.

Not that important because I keep a tab open in my phone connected to the site all the time but it might be frustrating for new people browsing the site.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Not sure if this goes here, but on your "Links Page" the links to the following no longer work:

* Big Bill's Star Trek Stuff
* Borg Institute of Technology
* Star Trek Archive
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote:Not sure if this goes here, but on your "Links Page" the links to the following no longer work:

* Big Bill's Star Trek Stuff
* Borg Institute of Technology
* Star Trek Archive
Fixed, thanks
email, ergo spam
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

McAvoy wrote:Image

When I zoom in it looks like that. However when I try to scroll to the right it doesn't stay it bounces back to the left or doesn't even move. The lower... frame does allow for moving around.

Not that important because I keep a tab open in my phone connected to the site all the time but it might be frustrating for new people browsing the site.
It's quite odd, I'm not sure why it's not allowing scrolling. I've not disabled it at all. The same code works on other sites I create. I'll keep looking.
email, ergo spam
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

McAvoy wrote:Image

OK, I think I've got this working. It now works on my iPhone and iPad. Please give it a test and let me know.
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Totally locked on the upper bar when I zoom in. The main page I can scroll or move around.

Anyone else with a Android have this problem?
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

You will need to force the page to reload, in order to clear the cache
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Yep it works now. Thanks.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Great thanks.
email, ergo spam
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

When on the main site, the width of the page keeps rapidly switching. The scoll bar on the right hand size switches between normal and twice as big as it should be, it happens very rapidly, maybe 3-5 times a second like a flicker. I originally though the page just hadnt fully loaded and some boxes were adjusting as other loaded, but it stayed for several minutes and never went away, I wonder if its the decorations?

I'm using a fairly modern Google Chrome and windows 7.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Ah I see what it is, there is momentarily one scoll bar being added for the whole page including the buttons at the top, that added to the normal scoll that just covers "whats new" makes it double in size, but it does blink into and out of existence like twice a second.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

It's likely the snow
email, ergo spam