Episode nits on the main site

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Episode nits on the main site

Post by IanKennedy »

ajdedo wrote:The Guest Review section for - VOYAGER Season 3 - Episode 51 - Future's End, Part 2 - is all mess-up with someone posting garbage.
Welcome to the site.
email, ergo spam
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

All of these are now fixed or in hand to be fixed when Ian gets broadband back after his move.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

Good luck with the move Ian.
ImageImage
pete2631
Crewman
Crewman

Post by pete2631 »

Episode Tapestry has a write up under Factoid. IT is incorrect.

What about the episode All Good Things?
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

pete2631 wrote:Episode Tapestry has a write up under Factoid. IT is incorrect.
No it doesn't;
http://ditl.org/pagepisode.php?Series=TNG&Episode=140 wrote:Factoid : This is the first Q episode since "Encounter at Farpoint" without Q in the title, something that would only ever be done once again in Voyager's "Death Wish".
Thats a Factoid, not a write-up. Or do you mean the factoid is wrong. (In which case, indication why it's wrong would be nice.)
What about the episode All Good Things?
What about it?
Bite my shiny metal ass
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

It's badly phrased, but I think he means AGT was a Q episode without Q in the title, which disproves the assertion that Death Wish was the only such episode post-Tapestry.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

Yeah, that makes sense. Sorry pete.
Bite my shiny metal ass
pete2631
Crewman
Crewman

Post by pete2631 »

Hi

Was just looking at the YATI for All Good Things.

'Data claims that all three Tachyon beams are coming from the Enterprise - but the future timeline beam was from the USS Pasteur, not the Enterprise.'
The tachyon beam was coming from the future Enterprise when it returned to the site of the anomaly. The Pasteur had been destroyed.

'When the Pasteur and the Enterprise-D reach the site of the anomaly in the future, nothing is there. Yet when the E-D returns some time later, the anomaly is there. If the anomaly gets bigger in the past, then it should have already been there when the Pasteur first arrived. Or is there an eruption of time which gets bigger in the future to match the eruption of anti-time which gets bigger in the past?'
This was because the Pasteurs search for the anomaly is what created it in the first place. Therefore by the time the E-D returned it was an emerging anomaly.

This is as I understood the episode.

Thanks

Peter
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

pete2631 wrote:Hi

Was just looking at the YATI for All Good Things.

'Data claims that all three Tachyon beams are coming from the Enterprise - but the future timeline beam was from the USS Pasteur, not the Enterprise.'
The tachyon beam was coming from the future Enterprise when it returned to the site of the anomaly. The Pasteur had been destroyed.
No, it wasn't. Check the episode again, you'll see.
'When the Pasteur and the Enterprise-D reach the site of the anomaly in the future, nothing is there. Yet when the E-D returns some time later, the anomaly is there. If the anomaly gets bigger in the past, then it should have already been there when the Pasteur first arrived. Or is there an eruption of time which gets bigger in the future to match the eruption of anti-time which gets bigger in the past?'
This was because the Pasteurs search for the anomaly is what created it in the first place. Therefore by the time the E-D returned it was an emerging anomaly.
But the anomaly doesn't work that way. It moved back in time, not forward. It starts with the Pasteur, and gets bigger in the past. It shouldn't be there at all in the future.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
pete2631
Crewman
Crewman

Post by pete2631 »

Appologies.
I have just re watched the episode and with the first point you are correct. I mixed it up with the attempt to create a static warp shell which was all three E-D's

As for the second point I have re read what you have written and this time understand what was being said.
I now see that you meant - why is there anything for the future E-D to see on returning to the Devron system if it grows backwards in time. ( Which is exactly what you said but I just didnt understand before posting my message.)

However on re-watching the episode I may be able to offer a possible solution to the issue. They don't appear to mention anything about the anomaly in the future getting any bigger. Perhaps what the future E-D sees is the anomaly in it's smallest form at which point it then travels back in time getting bigger. The reason that it wasnt there when the Pasteur turned up was because they hadn't created it yet. It was said earlier in the episode that nothing that happens in the past seems to change the future. Picards actions in the past havn't effected the present just as everyone from the future and present E-D do not remember coming across the anomaly previously.
pete2631
Crewman
Crewman

Post by pete2631 »

Again this probably matches in with what you were saying.

Lesson learned by me. Read what you have written twice. Then once again and once more for luck.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

GrahamKennedy wrote:But the anomaly doesn't work that way. It moved back in time, not forward. It starts with the Pasteur, and gets bigger in the past. It shouldn't be there at all in the future.
The most likely answer is that it's symmetrical - Q told Picard nothing about the anomaly, merely confirmed or refuted the theories he came up with, so we know nothing about its behaviour outside the periods Picard witnessed.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Perhaps, but that's still a flaw in the episode :)
Cyrus Ramsay
Crewman
Crewman

Post by Cyrus Ramsay »

The review of "A Piece of the Action" (TOS, Series 2) states that this episode has a body count of zero. In fact, one of Bela Oxmyx's men is killed in a "hit" shortly after the landing party arrives.
Last edited by Cyrus Ramsay on Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cyrus Ramsay
Crewman
Crewman

Post by Cyrus Ramsay »

The review of "Family" (TNG, Series 4) includes the factoid, "This was the first episode in Star Trek history which did not have a scene set on the bridge." This may be true of TNG, but not of "Star Trek" as a whole; "All Our Yesterdays" (TOS, Series 3) had no interior shots of the "Enterprise" at all.