Episode nits on the main site

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Re: Episode nits on the main site

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mark wrote:I've got to disagree. Riker learned that lesson in BoBW.
High Ground was before BoBW. BoBW Part 1 was the season end of Season 3, High Ground was middle of season 3.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

me,myself and I wrote:
High Ground was before BoBW. BoBW Part 1 was the season end of Season 3, High Ground was middle of season 3.
Ok wait........what was High Ground about again?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mark wrote:
me,myself and I wrote:
Ok wait........what was High Ground about again?
That was the one banned in the UK. Some sort of N. Ireland like Rebellion.
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

No, I think it was about terrorism.

Thus why it was banned in the UK and Ireland. Picard made a comment stating that the IRA's terror campaign in Northern Ireland succesfully re-united the country. Given that this aired at the end of a 30 year long guerilla campaign of terrorist bombings by the IRA, this was naturaly considered to be crossing a line.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Rochey wrote:Picard made a comment stating that the IRA's terror campaign in Northern Ireland succesfully re-united the country.
Nitpick - it was Data, not Picard.
Given that this aired at the end of a 30 year long guerilla campaign of terrorist bombings by the IRA
Not quite - it was first broadcast in 1990, twenty-some years into the Troubles, and several years before the first IRA ceasefire.

This was equivalent to a film made in 1943 commenting on the Nazis winning the Second World War.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Fair point.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Not a nit per se, but in your review of the Forge you mention that you remembered the answer to the 2 questions Spock was asked without looking them up. So did I. I didn't remember the specific person but I remembered "Nothing Unreal exists" is the first law of metaphysics.
Sanehouse
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Post by Sanehouse »

A little something I noticed about the Voyager episode "Hope and Fear" as listed on DITL.org. Correct me if I'm wrong, but... the factoid says: "The NX-01A registry of the Dauntless should, by Starfleet standards, mean that there was an NX-01 USS Dauntless - perhaps the first Starfleet ship ever built. If that ship went into full service its number would change to NCC-01. However, we have now seen the NX-01 USS Enterprise in the show "Enterprise". This apparent contradiction isn't necessarily a problem, as Enterprise isn't a Starfleet ship and Earth may number its vessels differently."

Now, if I remember correctly, the Enterprise NX-01 was indeed a Starfleet vessel, as its crew wore the Starfleet insignia and even responded to the name "Starfleet". Did the author of that little piece of information perhaps mean to write "...as Enterprise isn't a Federation starship and Earth may number its vessels differently"?

Again, sorry if I'm incorrect, but I'm fairly certain that Captain Archer's Enterprise was Starfleet hardware, and that Starfleet was around for at least a decade before the formation of the United Federation of Planets.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I think perhaps the distinction that is being lost here is between Earth Starfleet (a/o UESPA) of ENT and UFP's Starfleet of TOS +.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Holodeck/replicator discussion split to here
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
johnsmith
Crewman
Crewman

Post by johnsmith »

I'm not sure if this is where to post this, but it appears that the Future's End II user review page has been spammed. Also, I noticed a missing YATI. During this episode, Rain says that the Doctor should have bruises because Dunbar hit him, "a bunch of times." However, she had left eh car and was running away while the Doctor was being punched.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

johnsmith wrote:I'm not sure if this is where to post this, but it appears that the Future's End II user review page has been spammed. Also, I noticed a missing YATI. During this episode, Rain says that the Doctor should have bruises because Dunbar hit him, "a bunch of times." However, she had left eh car and was running away while the Doctor was being punched.
Yes, here is fine. If you find more please let me know. I've deleted the junk. If it continues to be an issue we'll have to limit reviews to forum members only.
email, ergo spam
Moonshadow
Petty officer first class
Petty officer first class

Post by Moonshadow »

A very minor nitpick I noticed today:
In the episode description for TNG ep "Darmok", under YATI (What does that stand for anyway?), it reads: "At one point we see the Epterprise fire a phaser out of it's photon torpedo launcher."

Enterprise is misspelled as 'Epterprise'.

As for the phaser in the torpedo tube - maybe they had some hapless, luckless ensign standing in there with a phaser rifle firing down... (I'm kidding)
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

YATI is an acronym for "Yet Another 'Trek Inconsistency."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Moonshadow wrote:
As for the phaser in the torpedo tube - maybe they had some hapless, luckless ensign standing in there with a phaser rifle firing down... (I'm kidding)
Is that where Tsuki got to then? :lol: