Ship nits on main site

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Ship nits on main site

Post by KuvahMagh »

Ah ok, its been a while.
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Not sure if this has ever been picked out before, but on the Romulan D7 article, the link at the bottom of the page is to the "Klingon Battlecruiser". the link no longer works.

:D just so friendly info.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

The klingon entry on the D'Tai classes on weapon specs are incomplete.
Armament : 2 x Mark 16 pulse disrupter cannon
10 x Mark 12 disrupter cannon, total output 62,500 TeraWatts
4 x with 400 rounds
It doesnt specify what the 4 is. i imagine its a torpedo, but it isnt designated.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

"Pheonix" is misspelled here: http://ditl.org/index.php?daymain=/pagepisode.php?TNG85 in the "Unit Run" section.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

me,myself and I wrote:"Pheonix" is misspelled here: http://ditl.org/index.php?daymain=/pagepisode.php?TNG85 in the "Unit Run" section.
You mean, it's misspelled as "Pheonix", right?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

alright, something seems to be screwey. I'm on the "Nebula Class" page, but the URL says it's a TNG Episode Review. The misspelling is on the Nebula Class page under the unit run heading here -->
Unit Run : NCC 654201 USS Pehonix2 - Active

plus 49 others built in total. 3 have been lost in all. The class remains in production.
I don't have a URL for the ship page. I went to the "Fed Ships" icon, clicked it and the list showed up, clicked "Nebula", the "Nebula" page came up, but during the whole think the address in my browser stayed http://ditl.org/. why?
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

me,myself and I wrote:alright, something seems to be screwey. I'm on the "Nebula Class" page, but the URL says it's a TNG Episode Review. The misspelling is on the Nebula Class page under the unit run heading here -->

plus 49 others built in total. 3 have been lost in all. The class remains in production.
I don't have a URL for the ship page. I went to the "Fed Ships" icon, clicked it and the list showed up, clicked "Nebula", the "Nebula" page came up, but during the whole think the address in my browser stayed http://ditl.org/. why?
Because we use frames, it's always been that way. We make the page title change but not the url. If you want a link to the page simply go to the bottom of the page and click the 'link to this page' item, or you can simply right click that and select copy link location.
email, ergo spam
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

IanKennedy wrote:
me,myself and I wrote:alright, something seems to be screwey. I'm on the "Nebula Class" page, but the URL says it's a TNG Episode Review. The misspelling is on the Nebula Class page under the unit run heading here -->

Because we use frames, it's always been that way. We make the page title change but not the url. If you want a link to the page simply go to the bottom of the page and click the 'link to this page' item, or you can simply right click that and select copy link location.
Ahhh....and all of a sudden, it makes sense. Thanks :-)
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Tsu makes a valid point. Surely you mean that "Phoenix" is misspelled, right?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mikey wrote:Tsu makes a valid point. Surely you mean that "Phoenix" is misspelled, right?
I'm not nitpicking, only trying to verify whether that is a nit on the site. :wink:

EDIT: Just checked. It's misspelled as "Pehonix" on the site.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yup, definitely a typo there.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
Mikey wrote:Tsu makes a valid point. Surely you mean that "Phoenix" is misspelled, right?
I'm not nitpicking, only trying to verify whether that is a nit on the site. :wink:

EDIT: Just checked. It's misspelled as "Pehonix" on the site.
That's the nit I wanted to point out. :-) Forgot about the frame system and the "link here" button. :oops:
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Coalition's discussion of starship power densities has been split into its own thread.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Merged Staplic's post about Defiant schematics to DS9>Defiant Class thread.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Here I go...

On the Bajoran Fighter page:
Notes : The Bajorans built a number of these low-capability of these vessels
I think the bolded section is unnecessary.

In the Bajoran Pagh page:
You give them weapons because Kira had them in the blockade against the Romulans. However, there were also a Kendra and Emissary in the blockade, yet you give them no weapons. Just curious as to why.

On the Borg Cube page:
Cruise and maximum speeds at warp based on time taken for first vessel toCruise and maximum speeds at warp based on time taken for first vessel to Cruise and maximum speeds at warp based on time taken for first vessel to r
This is under the Warp Speed section. Notice the repeated statement. No idea what the end of the sentence should say.

On the Galor images page:
A Galor taking a beating from Klingon ships. The ship was destroyed moments later.2
This is a Keldon, not a Galor.

On the Hideki page:
During the Dominion war the Hideki has not taken part in offensive actions, but is instead operating in its old border patrol mission.
This is in the last paragraph of the Notes. This may be incorrect, as the Hideki was in several fleets (the one at DS9, Valley of Death, etc.).

On the Dominion Attack Ship images page:
Another dorsal view, highlighting the nacelles.3
This should be "Another ventral view."

On the DY-100 page:
Endurance : 10,000 hours for 12 hours.
This is in the speed section. Not sure what it is supposed to say.

This is all I have for now...
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.