Ship nits on main site

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Ship nits on main site

Post by Tyyr »

The link to the Sovereign changes article appears to be broken from the Sovereign entry itself. The article is accessible from the articles links but not from the ship page itself. I just get a blank frame.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Tyyr wrote:The link to the Sovereign changes article appears to be broken from the Sovereign entry itself. The article is accessible from the articles links but not from the ship page itself. I just get a blank frame.
Fixed...
email, ergo spam
Lazar
Captain
Captain

Post by Lazar »

Oh, don't forget my broken links though.
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Lazar wrote:There are faulty links at the bottom of this page, this page, this page, this page and this page, but not this page.
All fixed.
email, ergo spam
Starbase89
Crewman
Crewman

Post by Starbase89 »

I'm not sure this is a nit or not. The Daedalus Class is listed as having a maximum speed of warp 4.9. Weren't they supposed to be replacements for the NX class, because they could achieve warp 6 (or possibly 7)?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Starbase89 wrote:I'm not sure this is a nit or not. The Daedalus Class is listed as having a maximum speed of warp 4.9. Weren't they supposed to be replacements for the NX class, because they could achieve warp 6 (or possibly 7)?
According to which source? I'm not knocking your assertion, I'm just not familiar with it. Warp seven seemed to be a push for the E-nil's engines, so I don't know if I'd ascribe that speed to the Daedalus.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Starbase89
Crewman
Crewman

Post by Starbase89 »

I see your point, as the ship, chronologically, came before NX was to be replaced. However, due to that fact, wouldn't it better be placed as an Earth Ship, as the Federation was founded in 2161, and the Daedalus was first commissioned in 2158?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

True. I would guess that maybe production continued after the founding of the UFP, and subsequently-produced ships were registered as "USS?"
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mikey wrote:
Starbase89 wrote:I'm not sure this is a nit or not. The Daedalus Class is listed as having a maximum speed of warp 4.9. Weren't they supposed to be replacements for the NX class, because they could achieve warp 6 (or possibly 7)?
According to which source? I'm not knocking your assertion, I'm just not familiar with it. Warp seven seemed to be a push for the E-nil's engines, so I don't know if I'd ascribe that speed to the Daedalus.
I seem to recall from "These are the voyages" {shudder}, that Trip and Archer were toasting the development of the Warp Seven Engine in 216-something, I don't know if that was the beginning of development of the engine or the actual fitting-out of a ship with a Warp Seven engine.

Edit: "pushing it" for the E-Nil seems to be Warp 8. That's the generally accepted maximum speed... tho IIRC it hit Warp 14 at one point... :?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

me,myself and I wrote:Edit: "pushing it" for the E-Nil seems to be Warp 8. That's the generally accepted maximum speed... tho IIRC it hit Warp 14 at one point... :?
Warp Eight was pushing it for the E-nil - Scotty was complaining vociferously about overstressing the engines towards then end of a prolonged warp eight chase in "Obsession". The various higher speeds, including the couple of warp fourteen examples, were the resulting of alien meddling.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Not so much as a nit, but a question for GK

What ever happened to those stats you had for the Prommie when she was in MVAM? I was wondering why you took them down, and also if you didn't want to post them on the site, if you could e-mail me a copy?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Lazar
Captain
Captain

Post by Lazar »

On the menu for alternate timeline ships, the LCARS buttons have "Kremin Warship" and "Kremin Timeship" instead of Krenim.
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Mark wrote:Not so much as a nit, but a question for GK

What ever happened to those stats you had for the Prommie when she was in MVAM? I was wondering why you took them down, and also if you didn't want to post them on the site, if you could e-mail me a copy?
Restored...
email, ergo spam
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I'm only seeing one section, not all three..........................
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Mark wrote:I'm only seeing one section, not all three..........................
No, we've never had each single piece. We've only ever had two parts to the entry, one the ship when locked, and the other while separated as a complete set.
email, ergo spam