Ship nits on main site

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Ship nits on main site

Post by stitch626 »

And here I go again... the bordom of late night is getting to me. Again, I mean no disrespect.

In the D'Tai specs:
Torpedo Firepower : -
You give it torpedoes in the armourment section... I think.
2 x Mark 16 pulse disrupter cannon
10 x Mark 12 disrupter cannon, total output 62,500 TeraWatts
4 x with 400 rounds
I think the 4x is supposed to be torpedoes.

A trio of D\'tai class ships and the Enterprise face down a
pair of Romulan D\'Deridex class vessels in the neutral zone.
For some reason, and this appears freaquently, there is a \ before each ' on the images page.

On the K'T'Inga page:
Qo'noS One
Kronos One
Any particular reason that the same ship has two different name spellings?

On the Klingon Bird of Prey images page (the first BOP):
You have three pictures of the B'Rel, while this page is for the D-13 model.

On the Klingon Bird of Prey specs page (the first BOP):
In the last paragraph in the notes section you refer to the BOP as a B'Rel, while it is the D-13 model.
You also do not include the emergency torpedo launcher in the armourment section.

On the Nedh'var specs page:
From this I've guessed that the Negh'Vars main job it to batter down heavy shielding - which is exactly what she did at Deep Space Nine.
This is in the last sentence of the third paragraph of the comment section. I believe that the bolded it should be is.
You also say this...
in much the same way that the K'Vort battlecruiser is a scale-up of the B'Rel Bird of Prey.
yet you do not use the K'Vort on DITL. I'm just curious if you still meant to say K'Vort.

On the Vor'cha specs page:
The Klingons responded by going back to the drawing board and re draughting the design.
This typo is in the notes section, first line of second paragraph.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

The Romulan Shuttle's tab on the side is labeled as "Romulan". Not a nit per say, but weird.

On the Scimitar specs page:
Maximum Rated : 9.99 for 12 hours.
Unknown, but capable of matching the top speed of a Sovereign class starship1
No idea why you give it a speed, but then say the speed is unknown.

On the Scorpion specs page:
Warp Speeds
(TOS scale) : Sublight propulsion only
Just curious as to why TOS scale.
Beam Firepower : -
Torpedo Firepower : -
Weapon Range and Accuracy : -
Shield Strength : -
Hull Armour : -
Speed : -
Combat Manoeuvrability : 23,800
You also do not give it any values other than maneuverability in the strength induces. Not sure if this is intentional. If it is, never mind.

On the Sona Destroyer page:
Notes : The Son'a operate both a large a large Battleship type vessel and this smaller ship.
"A large" is repeated.

And in its armourment section, you say
1 x Isolytic subspace weapon launcher3 with 110 rounds
yet in the notes section you state that it only has 20 rounds.
The Destroyer mounts a single launcher for Isolitic devices, of which it carries twenty in all.

On the Suliban Cell ship stats page:
Maximum Rated : 5 for 5 hours.
Unknown, but top speed in excess of Warp Factor 5
You give it a max speed and then say its max is unknown.

On the Suliban Slavage ship specs page:
Maximum Rated : 5 for 5 hours.
Unknown, but top speed in excess of Warp Factor 5
You give it a max speed, but then say its max is unknown.

Also, shouldn't the Sulibon stealth ship be in the Suliban section?

EDITED TO NOTE THAT I HAVE DONE UP TO HERE SO FAR.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Ok, other ships are done, now for the feds...

On the Work Bee specs page:
Impulse only :
Max Impulse Speed : 0.01 x c
Atmospheric Cruise (Mach) : 2
Atmospheric Max (Mach) : 5
I may be wrong, but it would seem that the Work Bee wouldn't even have impulse. All that can been seen are thrusters, and they never move very fast.

Also, in the middle of the third paragraph of the notes section
- a very old material which nevertheless met the strength and and density requirements. Today the bees exist in many variations according to how modern their equipment fit is; a typical work bee of the 2370's
and is repeated (bolded).

Also, later in the same paragraph
a typical work bee of the 2370's will have a small isolinear flight computer, a short range navigational laser radar, and a shell comprised of monotanium laminated with carbon tetride.
yet in the specification table you give it a duranium/tritanium hull.

On the Galaxy specs page:
up to ten at a time42 every six seconds, while t43 As with many recent Federation design
The bolded section is an unfinished sentence.
This is in the second paragraph after the deck plans information.

Also for the 43rd reference:
43 Star Trek The Next Generation Technical Manual Page 1231058
Does the TM really have that many pages? :shock:

Also, in the last paragraph before you give the upgraded specs
Though new Galaxy class ships are being produced without any science or diplomatic facilities included in order to reduce the vessel mass and so enhance combat performance during the Dominion war.
This sentence (its green) seems to end abruptly. It starts with "though" but doesn't end in such a way that though would be appropriate.

Also in the unit run section of the advanced specs
Unit Run :
USS Magellan8 - Active
???????
what's with all of the question marks?

On the Galaxy images page:
Although saucer separation was planned to be a relatively
normal part of the life of a Galaxy class, in serivce separation is employed only rarely.
For the second image, the bolded word is spelled wrong.

The next one is a contradiction on two separate pages.
On the type 15 specs you give it two phaser banks but in the type 18 page, you state that the type 15 only had one phaser bank.

For the type 11 shuttle, you give it three phaser banks, yet at least three phaser arrays can be clearly seen on the model.
You also did not mention the tachyon bursts that were launched in Insurrection (though they may not be standard armament).

On the type 9 specs page:
2 x Type IV phaser bank
1 x Type IV phaser bank,
I don't understand why you listed the phasers as 2 type 4 and then 1 type 4.
It may be that you intended the 2 to be phaser arrays instead of banks, as you mention them later in the comments section.

For the type 8 shuttle, you have the standard specs with notes and then at the end have uprated specs (which are nearly identical to the standard except for the strength indices). I am wondering if you intended to have them (the uprated specs) or if it was a copying error or something.

On the type 7 specs page:
Armament : , total output 200 TeraWatts
You left out what the armaments actually are.

Also, in the uprated specs for the type 7 (at the end of the notes), you give it phasers but do not have anything in the beam weapon section of the strength indices.

For the type 6 shuttle, you give it no armaments, yet at least two (forward) phaser banks can b e seen on the model.
Also, while you do list 2 phaser banks as being the armaments for the uprated model, you do not include this in the strength indices.

I'm not sure on this, but I believe in "The Managerie", the type 1 shuttle was referred to as a class F shuttle. Otherwise, you can ignore this one.

This is all for now. If I have repeated any, I apologize.
And Graham/Ian. When you get to these, please let us know what are not nits (there are a few I'm not sure about).
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Well, I don't normally say much about this sort of thing (Stitch seems to have the nit-minding well in hand :P ), but on the entry for the Freedom Class, the diplomatic capability is listed as 7. That's as high as the GCS! Surely, a low-capability ship like that can't have such a high rating... :)
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

stitch626 wrote:
4 x 2nd class photon torpedo tube with 120 rounds
The 4 is yellow. This is for the E-A. From what I remember, the E-A had only two torpedo launchers. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
I'm working through these. The #2009} thing is something you shouldn't be seeing, it's part of the site's referencing system. Are you still seeing this? If so it's some sort of incompatibility with your browser, most likely.

4 is correct for the E-refit/E-A torpedo tubes, based on a scene where we see one labelled "TORP BAY 4".
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

GrahamKennedy wrote:
stitch626 wrote:
4 x 2nd class photon torpedo tube with 120 rounds
The 4 is yellow. This is for the E-A. From what I remember, the E-A had only two torpedo launchers. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
I'm working through these. The #2009} thing is something you shouldn't be seeing, it's part of the site's referencing system. Are you still seeing this? If so it's some sort of incompatibility with your browser, most likely.

4 is correct for the E-refit/E-A torpedo tubes, based on a scene where we see one labelled "TORP BAY 4".
I fixed this one a while ago so it's fine.
email, ergo spam
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

stitch626 wrote:You give the Travel pod this performance
Impulse only : Max Impulse Speed : 0.01 x c
Atmospheric Cruise (Mach) : 2
Atmospheric Max (Mach) : 4
I would think that the travel pod would be sub-impulse, since it only had thrusters, which you later state.
I'd say any speed can be expressed as an "impulse speed"... "impulse speed" seems to be used synonymously with "sublight speed" in Trek.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

KuvahMagh wrote:Further with the Constellation page, you list the length as 231m and your Reference seems to be taken from the Encyclopedia which you scaled it from. You then say that non-Canon sources give a size of 315m. However we do have a Cannon reference to the size of the ship from "The Battle" when the E-D is towing Stargazer, in fact you have the pic in the Constellation pictures page. In the picture the Constellation appears much closer to the E-D in terms of size than the Information listed under size would suggest and when you look at the Size Comparison page between the Galaxy and Constellation it appears very different to what was seen on screen.

As to the Hathaway I think they destroyed it in the end to get rid of the Ferengi or some such.
I'll look at the size when I have more time. It wasn't destroyed though, so I fixed that.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

me,myself and I wrote:"Pheonix" is misspelled here: http://ditl.org/index.php?daymain=/pagepisode.php?TNG85 in the "Unit Run" section.
Not finding it...
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

stitch626 wrote:On the K'T'Inga page:
Qo'noS One
Kronos One
Any particular reason that the same ship has two different name spellings?
One is the English spelling, one the Klingon.
On the Klingon Bird of Prey images page (the first BOP):
You have three pictures of the B'Rel, while this page is for the D-13 model.
The BoP pictures are all over the place, I need to go through and have a proper sort of them at some point. But it's a big job and I can't be bothered right now.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

stitch626 wrote:And in its armourment section, you say
1 x Isolytic subspace weapon launcher3 with 110 rounds
yet in the notes section you state that it only has 20 rounds.
The Destroyer mounts a single launcher for Isolitic devices, of which it carries twenty in all.
The "with 110 rounds" is for all torpedo weapons, not just the subspace launcher.
Also, shouldn't the Sulibon stealth ship be in the Suliban section?
There are two levels of ship write ups - one for minor ships, and full write ups. We can't list minor ships in with the big ones.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Well, thank you. Many of my questions were answered.

I never realized that there were two spellings for Kronos 1.

I'll lay off of the nit finding for a while; give you guys a chance to fix them.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

GrahamKennedy wrote:But it's a big job and I can't be bothered right now.
It's good to be the king, huh?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Yes it is.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

:lol:
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer