Episode nits on the main site

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Episode nits on the main site

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Both fixed, thanks.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Cyrus Ramsay
Crewman
Crewman

Post by Cyrus Ramsay »

I noticed three errors in the review of "Whom Gods Destroy" (TOS, Series 3).

1/ The YATI entry states that Garth's explosive doesn't do much to Marta. In fact, it seems to vapourise her.

2/ In light of the above the "Body Count" should be one, not zero.

3/ The "Plotline" section states that the episode takes place on "Tantalus V". That was the location for "Dagger of the Mind"; the venue for "Whom Gods Destroy" is "Elba 2".
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Cyrus Ramsay wrote:I noticed three errors in the review of "Whom Gods Destroy" (TOS, Series 3).

1/ The YATI entry states that Garth's explosive doesn't do much to Marta. In fact, it seems to vapourise her.

2/ In light of the above the "Body Count" should be one, not zero.

3/ The "Plotline" section states that the episode takes place on "Tantalus V". That was the location for "Dagger of the Mind"; the venue for "Whom Gods Destroy" is "Elba 2".
1) It doesn't say it doesn't do much to Marta, just that it doesn't do much. If the flask was supposed to destroy a planet, then one drop should have been like a nuclear bomb. It was more like a hand grenade.

Others are fixed.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Cyrus Ramsay
Crewman
Crewman

Post by Cyrus Ramsay »

"For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky" (TOS, Series 3)

According to YATI, "The Fabrini language is rather peculiar - it consists of only two symbols, a triangle and an upside down triangle!".

Those triangles are actually wall plaques on which a more complex script is engraved. The same kind of script can be seen in the book in the Oracle room. (Not that there's anything wrong with a two-symbol alphabet; Morse Code operators and computers have been using them for a long time.)

If I were to pick nits in this episode I would suggest the following:

1/ It seems to take Kirk a long time to tell Natira about the danger that Yonada poses. We're about 35 minutes into the episode before he does so and he's on his second visit to the asteroid at the time.

2/ Kirk arranges to change Yoanada's course but doesn't warn Scotty to move the Enterprise out of the way before doing so.

Hope this helps.
Cyrus Ramsay
Crewman
Crewman

Post by Cyrus Ramsay »

ST:TNG Season 7 - "Parallels"

The "Body Count" section needs updating. In at least one reality, Geordie LaForge dies after a Cardassian ship attacks the "Enterprise".

"Captain, what scale would you recommend for a model train set.?"
"N-Gauge!"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Fixed.
twitch2oh
Petty officer second class
Petty officer second class
Location: Always where I am, sometimes where I was and never where I'm supposed to be.

Post by twitch2oh »

Not a major thing, just a couple thoughts which I think should be considered for addition into the YATI sections of these episodes. :)

In the episode "Pen Pals", Data has extended the range and usability to the sensors. Even going so far as to have pieces of the sensor system lying about on the Bridge (which Data later states he will remove to his quarters). Who authorized this? Are we to assume that anybody can experiment with the sensors if they want, without authorization? AND they can take it back to their quarters?!

Also, in the episode "Q Who?", two nits. First, Picard orders the ship to Yellow Alert upon seeing the as-yet-unknown Borg ship...yet Riker says to keep the shields down. Doesn't that defeat the primary purpose of yellow alert? Second, when Q teleports himself and Picard to Ten-Forward, Guinan simply pops up from behind the bar after several seconds of dialog and a good length screen pan. Does she spend her off-hours just....sitting behind the bar? Is there a trapdoor there to her quarters? Or is it simply "instant Whoopi, just add water"? XD
Twitch + NOS = Pill-z
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

More than likely you need authorization to do anything to a ship that might affect it's capabilities even if they are for the better. Chances are since this isn't something Data just thought up, it probably did affect the ship's capabilites elsewhere.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"